The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is it just me or have supra headlights more than doubled in price recently?

and1c

As parts become more difficult to find they will go up, that's always the way. I remember a time when a pair of glass lights were £280 from Toyota. It's the facelift ones that used to cost big money. Personally, I'd have the glass one any day of the week, much better performing when it's needed (in the dark!), the facelift ones look more modern in the daytime though.

Rear facelift lights were £140 a pair new from Toyota, I'm not sure they're even available now. I have 2-3 sets of each and glad I held onto them :D (gloating, maybe!)

Such a shame. Up until a couple of years ago, it looked like we would be reasonably well supported by Toyota. Are they really going to stick two fingers up at the people who are enthusiastic about the brand?

Yep...big time!

Everythings gone up with them but the glass lights lhd and rhd have more than doubled. Cheaper to buy facelifts now lol

Definitely parts are more expensive now.

My mate convert his rhd supra to lhd in 2014 and all the parts (second hand and some new from toyota) cost him about 3000 pounds. Now if anyone wanna do the same conversion need to spend about 6 / 7 grands, and it is almost impossible to find some parts.

glass headlights are £620 from your Toyota dealer whifbitz is well over priced but then your paying for an on the shelf item and not the 3 day waiting that toyota have said :)

When did you price them up? There was an enormous increase on them a few days ago.

Definately.

Just looking at what some people are asking for certain parts (and getting) is crazy compared to a few years ago.

Yep, mainly on ordinary stock parts too!

Wonder if anybody on here is able to speak to Toyota or find out why the headlights have gone up then? Must be something to do with manufacturing or materials?

Unless they're just wanting to increase profits of course.

Already on the ball.... ive had a reply from Toyota gb, who have forwarded it over to Toyota Europe. still waiting for their response. Nothing anyone can do about it but worth asking how they can justify the £219 rrp increase per light unit!

Wonder if anybody on here is able to speak to Toyota or find out why the headlights have gone up then? Must be something to do with manufacturing or materials?

Probably because the overall callout on Supra spares is now very low, and if the tooling for complex parts like lights is still being replaced or re-furbished then the amortisation of the tooling cost over the remaining parts quantity will now be disproportionatly high. The tooling doesnt get any cheaper just because fewer people are buying the parts!

If Toyota wanted to increase profits or screw over its customers they would do better to add £1 to the cost of a set of Yaris brake pads rather than add several hundered pounds to the cost of a Supra headlight.