The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Had to start breathing again!

Annabella

I hope prices go up this much. Shame that so many people are selling due to the price hikes lately.

Agreed but it also cleanses the forum. True enthusiasts will retain unless absolutely necessary to sell. Many are just trying to cash in.

I think for all of us its hard to sell if we lost the love slightly and the value seems worth the sell.

Mines been a hard slog to resolve my issues. Im more confident investing in a car that's holding its value.

If anything with the recent price increases it's made me want to sell even less.

I hope prices go up this much. Shame that so many people are selling due to the price hikes lately.

I think the whole 2nd hand performance car market is soon due a 'correction'. (Not just Supra, but all from 2nd hand Jap performance to Porsche 911 etc.)

Prices have been going up at a fast rate to the point they are now, whereby many of the cars are simply just not worth the actual performance/age/technology/condition/value in them.

When cars are just sat there on forecourts or in people's garages in such numbers they are not going to gain any value. Sellers will have to start selling at lower prices in order they can either move up the ladder or convert to cash - otherwise life is just too short to have things sat there doing nothing. You could wait and hold on to assets for a life time in hope that prices will continue to rise due to playing your part in restricting supply, but then one day you may wake up and find you're too old. ;)

As with house prices and other supply/demand models, the whole pyramid will fall if products are out of the reach of buyers. (house prices admittedly are slightly different, as buyers are currently being supported by government/taxpayers).

With the Supra, especially the sought after 6sp Manuals, I recently read that Getrag boxes are no longer available if you need a replacement. Such a thing will surely get people thinking about the price to factor in IF their gearbox were to fail.

What is the current status of available Supras to import from Japan?

Are they few in number over there or is there a decent 'pool' to cater for demand?