The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Uk 6speed manual supra 72k fsh owned for 15 years

Guest Sprog

And here's the forum po - po :) welcome to our lovely forum, when you signed up and accepted our terms and conditions which everyone obviously reads ;) it stated that you must be a member to post wanted ads so I've temporarily edited your post till you pay your membership. Also in those terms and conditions it states that the forum now owns 10% of your car which is now legally binding since you agreed to it when you accepted the terms and conditions.

Really should read the small print people, have a nice day everyone and welcome to the forum :cool:

Oh and post some pictures up we love to see our investments.

To pay membership click on settings in the top right then on the left click paid subscriptions then select one from the drop down box.

Edited by Tyson (see edit history)

Owner of 15 years pops on with a broken car, some help/advice on how to get it fixed doesn't really hurt does it? I think we need to be a little more forward thinking dare I say it friendly, could even be good for the club? Why not introduce a £10 buying tax for non members.

Non members just coming on and selling stuff I totally get is not on, however someone looking for help and who could be a good buyer for current members goods could be a win win. If you make it beholden on a current member to add £10 to any sale to a non member then the club gets the £10 even if the buyer/potential new member gets his part and never posts again?

Right now they just go to EBay, Facebook or google things to death and think we're a bit off'ish?

Eg if Sheefa still had those bits his sales audience is practically zero so this is a good chance for a member to benefit?

Doing that would open up a whole can of worms, we have enough problems with members knocking off other members can you imagine the explosion of disputes if we let everybody in ?

The classifieds is a courtesy we extend to our members the main point of the club is a place to find information, technical help, general chat and a place to speak to other like minded car enthusiasts. It would be a whole lot less hassle to do away with it as it is where 99% of disputes and problems come from on the forum but we persevere to give members the privledge to as it helps them out another thing the forum is great for. I just worry more members will get stung if that happened something nobody wants.

I understand but I just can't see how sellers can get stung? Just an idea :)

Failed to get item, item broken etc if it's with PayPal the buyer always wins. I don't argue that sellers are less likely to get stung that buyers but I'd rather no one did.

I think Parry was saying anyone upgrading theirs still uses the original crown wheel and pinion so they won't have spares to sell :(

Large diffs are rare, uk's even more so, it may be that you are better off looking for a small manual diff and corresponding driveshaft, you'll lose the diff cooling the uk cars have but that's not really an issue. Even these are rare though, an auto LSD Is the easiest to find but then it will change the ratios quite a bit.

Guest Sprog

Hi scooter.im glad you no what your doing cause I'm clueless when it comes to trying to get the supra fixed.my friend fixes my car he has a twin turbo auto diff I can have for free but been told need drive shafts and prop shaft making to connect to the gearbox to make the car work again.

Hi scooter.im glad you no what your doing cause I'm clueless when it comes to trying to get the supra fixed.my friend fixes my car he has a twin turbo auto diff I can have for free but been told need drive shafts and prop shaft making to connect to the gearbox to make the car work again.

I sort of know a bit, I thought the prop was ok but maybe not (definitely not :( on researching) , the driveshaft will be easy to find, the worst part is its straying from standard which is a shame and it'll be higher geared which may or may not suit you. Is the friends diff a limited slip one or open one do you know?

I'd get after the one ripped fear mentioned

Edited by Scooter (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi scooter its an open diff no lsd.i can get drive shafts of Keron but need a 6speed n/a prop shaft to fit everything together struggling to find one of them aswell.if worse comes to worse might end up selling car to Keron for parts.

No one has the bits he needs anyway. It's not the internals he needs that you swap out when upgrading the diff. He will need a complete uk manual tt6 diff, good luck with that. Around 1k if you can ever find one. Took me ages to find mine.

Hi how much are you thinking. ?

Thanks for the offer, but need a big case diff to fit the drive shafts and prop shaft already on the car.i do have a spare tt auto diff where as if anyone has a 6speed manual non turbo prop shaft for sale this would fit the diff I have,I would be interested.

Hi scooter,my friends diff is an open one I've been told to see if I can get a 6speed n/a propshaft as this will mate up to the tt auto diff then only need driveshafts.

Hi scooter,my friends diff is an open one I've been told to see if I can get a 6speed n/a propshaft as this will mate up to the tt auto diff then only need driveshafts.

• 1 month later...