The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Yet another 'whats it worth'

j_jza80

To start with, don't worry, I have no intention of selling :D just curious as to what people would value my car at. I'm thinking the £20k ballpark.

Spec:

Engine Specifications:

Stock

Turbocharger & Induction:

Single Garrett GTX3576R turbo

HKS T04Z turbo kit

K&N Filter

Whifbitz front mounted intercooler

Bosch / Porsche 911 turbo DBW throttle setup

Turbo blanket

Fuel, Tuning & ECU:

Syvecs S6 plus ECU & full sensor suite

Walbro 480lph pump

Sard 850cc 'drop in' injectors

Exhaust:

HKS Superdrager Exhaust

Whifbitz 2nd decat pipe

Drivetrain:

Stock Tiptronic gearbox - AMG Paddle shifter conversion

Whifbitz transmission cooler

TRD 1.5 way LSD, small case

Spare tiptronic gearbox

Weight Reduction & Transfer:

Stock

Suspension, Wheels, Tires & Brakes:

18" BBS RGR forged lightweight wheels

BBS Wheel nuts

Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta tyres

Full brand new UK brake setup, front and rear

Goodridge stainless brake hoses

OEM Bilsteins, refinished in black

Eibach lowering springs, powdercoated in gunmetal

Stock 17" wheels too.

Interior & ICE:

Recaro Trendline bucket seats in black leather/grey suede. Custom heated seat setup using oem switch

Bride seat rails

Alpine CDE-136BT Headunit. DAB, Bluetooth, USB etc. Matches dash illumination. Single Din.

In Phase USW12 twin active compact bass enclosure

Pioneer coaxial speakers front and rear.

Alloy AMG Paddles mounted to MK3 MR2 Steering wheel and Supra airbag.

Cruise control off custom switch

Toucan display for gauges, maps, boost and traction settings

All new oem heater / aircon buttons and knobs fitted.

Exterior:

Stock facelift with active spoiler

US spec side markers

UK spec rear bumper

Rear arches rolled

Brand new, genuine oem Facelift headlights, indicators and tail lights.

Completely rust free shell. All cavities and underside waxoyled. Been done twice in 2 years.

Overall exterior condition: 8/10. some masking lines around windows visible close up, and the odd minor mark. Still much better than most. The bright, white paint contrasts well with the excellent condition wheels and brand new lights all round. Looks like a much newer car.

Cheers :)

Edited by j_jza80 (see edit history)

Tough one again as I really like this car. So my valuation might be a bit high? It's been nicely modified with quality parts. Are we basing the valuation on the car being 100% running and the map all ironed out? :)

With that in mind I'd say it would be around £20k but that would be top end of the range. 18-20k would be my estimated range.

A good quality brand turbo kit with a great & sought after turbo, top notch engine management and a healthy fuel system, high quality forged wheels, a TRD diff, brand new brakes, brand new lighting all round, tasteful interior upgrades and a clean & unmolested exterior. To me that wants for £20k at the absolute least. :)

I think it would be a 20k car if it was a tt6 but prices on the tiptronics are a lot lower.

I would say more 16k tbh.

But thats my opinion and fairly new on the supra scene.

If I am wrong i will be happy as mine is also a tiptronic

It's a tough one, and I can see why you would say £16k, but you really have to take into account the fact that the car was a fresh import when I got it, then every single part of the shell was inspected for rust, and the two areas where it was found - under the scuttle and under the bootlid - were treated, and then the whole thing has been thoroughly rustproofed. This involved dropping every cover and heatshield underneath. I can confidently say that structurally this shell is perfect, and has been futureproofed professionally and correctly. This alone was a time consuming and expensive process, and makes this car almost unique.

Then the exterior was treated to a sympathetic restoration, polishing the paint where possible and painting where not.

You also won't find another with brand new oem lights - £1000 worth, or a completely brand new full brake setup. And as James said, it's not just a single, but using absolutely the highest quality, brand new, branded parts throughout, built by Whifbitz, and worked on by Ryan G and Romain from Syvecs.

Then there's the interior, with what must be the nicest looking seats you can put in a Supra, with a full custom heating system utilising a stock switch.

Hopefully this gives you a bit more insight into the way this car has been built, with absolutely no corners cut. :) to build a similar one, from a fresh import like this was, would easily cost in excess of £30k now, and probably a great deal more :)

As for the gearbox, it is less desirable than the manual for sure. There is currently a very nice 6 speed single in the classifieds for £23k in the classifieds, and it is a great car for £23k. But mine is a higher spec in every regard otherwise (and I do mean that with the utmost respect, as that one was one of my influences for the setup in this car) :)

Tough one again as I really like this car. So my valuation might be a bit high? It's been nicely modified with quality parts. Are we basing the valuation on the car being 100% running and the map all ironed out? :)

With that in mind I'd say it would be around £20k but that would be top end of the range. 18-20k would be my estimated range.

Yes, I would value it with the mapping sorted as it would certainly not change hands without it being done (not that it is going to :D )