The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Seat cover retrim from group buy a while ago...2 years i think

spoonlover

So only just got round to fitting my seat covers from the group buy 2 years ago..sorry.

Took my time with them, I used a £20 steam cleaner to rejuvenate the foam before recovering the seats, also used hog rings as I felt they worked better than cable ties.

Took me about three days in total (Kills your hands) on and off, the lower seat is the easy bit, the back it a PITA but once you done the first seat the second is easier. I fitted heated elements at the same time.

seat1.jpg

seat4.jpg

Seat foam got fluffy again ;)

seat6.jpg

I applied some leather protect, thats why it looks more glossy.

seat2.jpg

seat3.jpg

seat5.jpg

Thanks guys!

The steamer and using the correct hog rings helped to get the best fit. I was a little ocd when it came to fitting. I got a used cloth passenger seat to test my work on before destroying my oem leather seats - was surprised how they came out.

Will be fitting to the car next week, will post another pic in car.

They look great, easily the best i saw from the fitting of those covers.

Ha! thanks. I'm almost sure my diet was haribo, tea and biscuits when I did mine....it got physical with all the leather slapping! :spank:

That's the best job of aftermarket covers I've seen bud, well done!

When I get mine, you're welcome to fit them for me :thumbs:

I can provide haribo, tea, and biscuits :hide:

/QUOTE]

Thanks all. Not bad for an IT guy ;) Need to get them fitted now, damm drivers seat is heavy with the electric motor.

They look fantastic :cool:

Having messed around with seat trimming myself, I can appreciate how hard that must have been. Looks like a professional job. :)