The mkiv Supra Owners Club

June 2016 price guide

Scooter

Given the recent uplift in prices and all the valuation threads I wondered what peoples view were on the current price ranges?

I've taken from here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?314947-Supra-prices/page2&highlight=prices a list from Oct 2014 (it's interesting to see just how large an increase there has been in such a relatively short time) to use to compare.

Auto Na 2-5k depends on condition

Auto TT 4-7k depends on condition

Auto Vvti 8 - 10k depends on condition

Auto TT aero 7k+ depends on condition

Auto Na aero 4k+ depends on condition

Na 5speed 3 - 6k depends on condition

Na 6speed 5 -8k depends on condition

TT 6speed 9-14k depends on condition

I'd assume the range is from usable/Mot'd but not great condition to low miles very good all round condition (so leaving the breakers/wrecks and the very low mile minters out, else they'd all overlap a lot!)

Added as a current estimate of price ranges.

Auto Na 3-7k depends on condition

Auto TT 7-9k depends on condition

Auto Vvti 8-12k depends on condition

Auto TT aero 9-12k depends on condition

Auto Na aero 4-7k depends on condition

Na 5speed 4 - 7k depends on condition

Na 6speed 6 - 10k depends on condition

TT 6speed 11 - 17k depends on condition

Edited by Scooter (see edit history)

I've personally seen a lot of optimism on prices from sellers for illogical reasons. I personally think a couple of (non forum) traders have hiked their prices on eBay and auto trader and other non regular sellers have followed suit as they had nothing else to base prices on.

We seem to be in a but if a bubble which I suspect will burst for the bog standard stuff. Perhaps not the classics

This is the point, sorry if not clear but the list is from almost 2 years ago, I've not seen a £6,xxx TT auto for some time and as Marbleapple says the few dealers there are are sticking to their guns and high prices so that facelift auto Na's are seemingly in this bracket now.

Which is weird as dealer prices have always been extortionate.

I think most have jumped on the bandwagon after PW died (mainly in the states) and with parts getting harder to source and costing more it adds value to the whole car.

A starter motor is nearly £1k :/

Missed out TT 5 speeds. And NAt conversions. Though sadly they seem to go for similar price to an NA these days.

Everyone moans about no turbo. Fit one then suddenly everyone agrees price doesn't go up. So why does a single TT get a price hike :blink:

The market is odd right now.

Its all beacuse of:

Oh

Japan has nearly run out of supras!

The Americans will be importing them soon!

I watched an american restoration show and i think the Supras will end up like that soon blah blah blah

Toyota are running out of parts!

All opportunities for people to hike their prices. Shame on them. So many supra spares are available, so many new parts are available. So many damaged supras around. Thousands of these buggers were made from 1993 to 2002. Nothing rare about them really, they were stupidly cheap a few years back here in the UK and a lot were owned by people who really couldnt afford to run them PROPERLY which is why we have alot of poor condition ones arround. Social media went mad with Supras within the last few years worlwide now nearly everyone knows about and needs a million hp supra. I buy mostly new parts when i can to be fair and havnt really struggled to get all the parts ive wanted. Even the 'rare' bits

Its all gone mad. I see some supras/ parts come up for sale, which are still up for sale and think to myself. What nutters.

Rant over, ill sell my 1996 NA auto/ facelift for 20k then haha :D

Some of the prices I've seen are just ridiculous. Some sellers seem to think they can get back the money they (imho!) shouldn't of spent abusing a perfectly good stock car. Basically, you don't.

Just like you can spend £30k on a new kitchen and bathroom and it will add cock all to the house's sale price. Next owner will just rip them out and put their own one's in.

The kid that I got my latest MK4 off must of spent a fortune taking the stock exhaust off and replacing it with a bonkers 4" straight through pipe. Needless to say, I have sourced a stock exhaust and will be selling his neighbour waker as soon as its off!!! Lol

I'd say 4.5 is about average for a decent nick auto NA, but then one has just gone on ebay for 2.6!!!! All it seemed to need was a few paint spots sorting. People who insist on the rarer setups have to expect a caining ... supply and demand....

I think its entirely a self inflated market. The minute a TT6 'woes it worth mate' thread pops up theres at least 2 crackheads who say "I wouldn't take less than 20 grand" You're dreaming son.

I like Supras as much as the next man but you have to face facts that when it boils down to it, its just an old Toyota with increasing rust problems and a 4 grand hand grenade for a gear box.

I think its entirely a self inflated market. The minute a TT6 'woes it worth mate' thread pops up theres at least 2 crackheads who say "I wouldn't take less than 20 grand" You're dreaming son.

I like Supras as much as the next man but you have to face facts that when it boils down to it, its just an old Toyota with increasing rust problems and a 4 grand hand grenade for a gear box.

Agree with everything you just said there mate :thumbs:

I'd say the prices aren't far off but the market is affected by itself.

So for example a few months back if I were to sell a mint NA5 I'd have hoped to get 6k for it, but now there are so many for sale on eBay etc because people are cashing in on them, so that price would reduce a bit.

Supras aren't isolated. Skylines, RX7s, S2000, NSX etc have all seen huge increases in their values.

The supply of decent examples of all these cars has started drying up in recent years too. I remember when I started looking for a Supra 11 years ago, and there was generally the best part of 60 ish for sale at any one time in the UK, there was always 2 or 3 UK autos, and regularly 1 UK manual. We're lucky if there's 20 for sale now.

Plus, it's very expensive to import them now, which has a knock on effect too.

This man talks sence

This man talks sence

I thought Id get flamed massively lol. Its a car worth more than the sum of its parts, that really shouldn't be the case this side of a 911 or a Ferrari.

A stock TT auto, dark colour with stock 17s would be the pinnacle car for me personally.

Agreed. Whatever people say around facelift low mileage imports vs UK fact is UK cars do command a premium especially for European markets.

But again, that's market manipulation at work. Over the years there has been so much embellishment and conjecture regarding the differences that people have believed it.