The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance are being difficult ??

raddys

Hi guys I need your help, basically I got a new insurance policy out the other day and they won't agree my agreed value unless I get it accredited by a Prestige dealer or something similar. my question to you guys is where would I get this sort of test done around the bedfordshire area? I don't want to pop another 'what's it worth' up so il just quickly say it's a 1993 reg TT auto GZ fully loaded with every optional extra cruise control, active spoiler, UK brakes, leather seats, sub, 17in wheels, etc etc. it has 37000 miles, imported in 2010 and the car is bone stock apart from Tein springs on bilstein suspension,full exhaust and full bpu (apart from fmic) other than that its totally Stock body and it's absolutely mint, id say the cleanest Supra I have ever seen. so my question to you guys is firstly how would I get one of these checks done so I can give my insurance a certificate and secondly, personally what would you value my car at?

17k, provide them with links to this forum, there are lesser supras valued at 12-15k on here, and tell them to take a look at ebay. I used LV Classic car and didnt get the hassle you're having, provided them with 6 pics and they agreed value. Yours is ok within spec with them as its not heavily modded. Depends on your age too.

Guest pedro7256
Insurance aside, that is a lovely example. I would be tempted to remove the aftermarket bits and return to 100% stock, keep it looked after and it will appreciate in value.

Like that boot/roof spoiler... sell it to me thats money towards your quote ;)

17k, provide them with links to this forum, there are lesser supras valued at 12-15k on here, and tell them to take a look at ebay. I used LV Classic car and didnt get the hassle you're having, provided them with 6 pics and they agreed value. Yours is ok within spec with them as its not heavily modded. Depends on your age too.

Id love to get it valued at 17k but they laughed when i said 12k, cant see why they wont value it at 12k, its not like im asking for 20k valuation, they guy on the phone was a right jobs worth though

- - - Updated - - -

Like that boot/roof spoiler... sell it to me thats money towards your quote ;)

Yes the little spoiler is nice aint it, original toyota oem part too

Insurance aside, that is a lovely example. I would be tempted to remove the aftermarket bits and return to 100% stock, keep it looked after and it will appreciate in value.

Thanks, its only bpu so id probs remove when it comes to sale time, only got it installed last month so going to have some bpu fun first lol

Yer tbh the bloke was being a dick about alot of things, after 17 minutes i simply got fed up as he started question if mkivsupra.net was an actual club and saying he wasnt going to give me a club discount and i just ended up hanging up and ringing again and got a woman who was alot more helpful, like i say the insurance is quite cheap and i cant be bothered with finding another policy, just wondering if any of you guys know where i can get a certificate saying my car is worth xxx amount, or if infact any of you guys work in a second hand/Prestige car dealer and could sort me out a valuation letter on headed company paper id give you a very nice drink for it ;)

Thanks

Yer tbh the bloke was being a $#@! about alot of things, after 17 minutes i simply got fed up as he started question if mkivsupra.net was an actual club and saying he wasnt going to give me a club discount and i just ended up hanging up and ringing again and got a woman who was alot more helpful, like i say the insurance is quite cheap and i cant be bothered with finding another policy, just wondering if any of you guys know where i can get a certificate saying my car is worth xxx amount, or if infact any of you guys work in a second hand/Prestige car dealer and could sort me out a valuation letter on headed company paper id give you a very nice drink for it ;)

Thanks

I got agreed value last month for 12k for my uk spec, I didn't even have to send anything in. He had a look online and agreed over the phone few days later I got my details through the post and online. Nearly the same mods as yours. Thing is did you tell him how long you have been a member on this site for ? They want you to have been on for at least if a remember correctly a couple of years.