The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Yes, another whats it worth thread

drift_bear

As some of you know i have been waiting to hear back about a possible move across to japan, I should hopefully be hearing back in the next couple of weeks and if needs must then i will be selling the supra! As much as i want to take it with me, this would free up alot of money that would help in settling down over there for at least a couple of years.

So the question is, what does everyone think its worth if needs must...

Year - 1994

Mileage - around 60k

Engine Specifications:

• Q45 90mm Throttle Body

• Asnu 1000cc Injectors

• Denso iridium grade 9 spark plugs

• Battery Relocated to boot

• Wire tuck and tidy up

• Blitz LM FMIC

• Blitz dump valve

• Engine oil cooler kit

• Greddy oil cap

• HKS 264 Cams

• Stainless fuse box cover

• Polished manifold covers

• Polished turbo pipe

• Stainless radiator plate

• Chromed radiator clamps

• House techniques silicone hoses

• "2JZ No Shit" billet engine cover

• Clear cam cover

• Polished wing tops

Turbocharger & Induction:

• Turbo technics large steel hybrid turbos (rated to 1.6bar/23psi)

• K&N air intake filter

Fuel & ECU:

• Walbro 485 fuel pump

• Top Feed Fuel Rail Kit

• Fuel Flex Sensor

• Aeromotive FPR and lines

• Syvecs S6 Ecu

• Supra Adapter Harness

• All syvecs sensors

Fuel Type:

• V-Power

• Methanol

Exhaust:

• SRD Intake Manifold Kit

• 4" HKS Ti

• 3" Downpipe and midpipe

Drivetrain:

• V161 Getrag 6 speed gearbox (used to be auto)

• Stage 1 clutch

Suspension, Wheels, Tires & Brakes:

• 18” Veilside Andrews 9” fronts 10” Rears

• Toyota bilstein yellow shocks

• UK spec front brake callipers

• UK spec front brake disks

• Goodridge braided bake lines

• OEM Uk spec rear callipers

• OEM Uk spec Rear disks and pads

Interior & ICE:

• Toucan Display

• Uprated speakers all round

• Recaro treadline seats

• Bride RO sub frames

• Toyota Celica steering wheel

• Pioneer mp3/ipod/bluetooth single din head unit

• Rear roll cage in gold

Exterior:

• Full Glass out respray in Holden Cosmo Purple - 970L (used to be 199 silver)

• Uk spec bonnet

• OEM front bumper with MVP lip (Earless)

• OEM skirts and spats

• OEM facelift headlights

• OEM facelift rear lights

• OEM facelift indicator and sidelights

• OEM rear bumper

• Half Carbon TRD Spoiler

• OEM front wings

• OEM Badge Set

Power:

468bhp @ 1.35 bar with 465ftlbs - road fuel

528bhp @ 1.5 bar with 540ftlbs - meth mix (30%) - the highest genuine power figure on hybrids in the uk owners club

**Will also come with the following kit for the right price**

• HKS GT2835 Big twin conversion

• HKS Wastegates

• HKS air filters and pipework

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

That's a tough one :)

I'd say stick it up for £20k with a view to getting £19k ish, or maybe as low as £17k if you need to sell quickly. However, you won't need to include the big twin kit for that, better to sell that separately IMO.

Absolutely stunning Supra :cool:

That's a tough one :)

I'd say stick it up for £20k with a view to getting £19k ish, or maybe as low as £17k if you need to sell quickly. However, you won't need to include the big twin kit for that, better to sell that separately IMO.

Absolutely stunning Supra :cool:

Yeah was considering the £20k region but wasn't sure. I don't want to sell unless I have to, if I could I would take it with me lol. Will know for sure in a couple of weeks if I get my visa granted or not

Ps. Post 1 updated as forgot to mention it used to be auto

I would have though that being an Auto to Manual TT conversion, that'd affect the price which would make £20k steep when original TT6's are more in the £15k to £18k range. So by my reckoning it'd be more suited as a break up car to maximise the money. If I was looking to maximise the return as an investment I'd value this at mid v160/161 Auto to Manual range which is no more than £15k because its so far from stock. £20k is nudging into lower single territory for anyone who wants a modded car.

Just an opinion, nothing more nothing less.

Edited by rider (see edit history)

£15k...if it was still silver then deffo £20k+ :p

Haha cheers mate!

Heard that and said that myself before, then the money takes over and suddenly it's in bits :p

I can guarantee you now that it will never be broken!

I would have though that being an Auto to Manual TT conversion, that'd affect the price which would make £20k steep when original TT6's are more in the £15k to £18k range. So by my reckoning it'd be more suited as a break up car to maximise the money. If I was looking to maximise the return as an investment I'd value this at mid v160/161 Auto to Manual range which is no more than £15k because its so far from stock. £20k is nudging into lower single territory for anyone who wants a modded car.

Just an opinion, nothing more nothing less.

That's what this thread is for, to gather info. IMHO I think your way off the mark, the car is built using nothing but top end parts and is the same power as a small single.

As good a build as some of the singles I've seen valued at 25k recently and easily at that. I'd say 25k mate.

I was thinking around the £20k - £25k )with the turbo kit) mark.

Haha cheers mate!

I can guarantee you now that it will never be broken!

That's what this thread is for, to gather info. IMHO I think your way off the mark, the car is built using nothing but top end parts and is the same power as a small single.

I was thinking around the £20k - £25k )with the turbo kit) mark.

I always think the difference in that extra 5k between 20k and 25k is the built engine territory in my opinion.

Lovely car nonetheless and im sure will certainly do 20k if not more if I am mistaken.

I always think the difference in that extra 5k between 20k and 25k is the built engine territory in my opinion.

Lovely car nonetheless and im sure will certainly do 20k if not more if I am mistaken.

/QUOTE]

I'm still wanting to go 3.4 at some stage, there's a 50/50 chance if I'll get my visa or not, so just wanting to cover my options really. If I could keep it and take it with me I would lol

£500 a bag of tangtastics and a hug I'll collect on the weekend :p

Ok but I'm keeping my wheels :p :p

I'll swap my green Supra for it.....

Haha no thanks Dave :p

My opinion is £20k all day long for such a stunning example and I'd highly be tempted to price at £23k and look to achieve that given the spec and condition of the car.

Good luck mate with the potential move and sale :)

Greg

Cheers Greg :) the prices mention sound like what I would be expecting

Guest Budz86

The price difference will be less than it costs you to fit and map 😉

In terms of the value, I'd say it was around the 18k territory. Yes it's had lots of work done, but it's a bpu at the end of the day. If I were to part with 20k+ for a 20 year old car, I'd want it to be rare, special or have a shed load of power. The fact that it's been sprayed from original 199 and had a 6spd fitted will likely put off purists or collectors, and all be it yours are one of the better sets of hybrids I've seen, it's crying out for a 6266 journal!

Hope I'm wrong on the price, but whatever happens, good luck!

Oh, and if you find yourself in Japan, I may get a few things posted to you so you can forward them in unmarked boxes! 😉

The price difference will be less than it costs you to fit and map 

In terms of the value, I'd say it was around the 18k territory. Yes it's had lots of work done, but it's a bpu at the end of the day. If I were to part with 20k+ for a 20 year old car, I'd want it to be rare, special or have a shed load of power. The fact that it's been sprayed from original 199 and had a 6spd fitted will likely put off purists or collectors, and all be it yours are one of the better sets of hybrids I've seen, it's crying out for a 6266 journal!

Hope I'm wrong on the price, but whatever happens, good luck!

Oh, and if you find yourself in Japan, I may get a few things posted to you so you can forward them in unmarked boxes! 

/QUOTE]

Hey Dean, I don't class the car as bpu anymore, its in the same territory as a small single in terms of power and delivery imho. As for the single turbo conversion, i would personally never go down that route and stick to either hybrids again (tempted to try out those munro stage 4) or hurry up and fit the big twins.

As i said this is why i started the thread, to get a rough scale of prices to work with IF needs must.

If your needing anything from that way then let me know regardless, i have a few people over there that can help out with that ;)

NNOOOOO!!!!! You can not leave us we are one family!!!!! Lol :)

whatever you got in the pipeline really hope it comes through and all works out for you buddy

As for your car wow it's got to be worth at least couple party size bags of haribo surely :innocent::innocent: I maybe even able to stretch to a hug too lol

After all the jokes aside smooth clean car plus well looked after but sadly will probably go abroad but guessing around 18-19k ish mark