The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Driving a Manual Twin Turbo Supra

Guest Paul123

Guest Paul123

Hi all

I am new to the forum and have what might seem a strange request.

I have been interested in buying a Supra manual twin turbo for a while now and am in a position to do so now. I have owned and driven a variety of performance cars but have always liked the supra.

I was wondering if anyone on the forum would agree to let me test drive their twin turbo manual supra. Of course I would be happy to pay for the fuel and the persons time. I live in Welwyn garden city in Hertfordshire.

I really do not want to commit to buying a car without the experience of what they drive like and when test driving a car that you are actually buying, well I always find it pressurising and awkward. It would be great to go on a test drive and relax and see how the car drives. I am 37 years old and am insured to drive any car third party as long as it has existing insurance. I know that many people would probably not be happy for someone else to drive their car but I need to ask.

As I said I would be happy to pay for this.

If anyone is interested and willing to help out please let me know.

Thanks

Paul

Guest Paul123

No problem. You can drive mine if you like as long as we both agree to drive each others cars sensibly which off course we will. My friends and I all own a variety of sports cars like BMW 335i, Jaguar XKR etc. and we always drive each others cars as it is nice to share the experience. I use to have a Mitsubishi GTO and I restored it and sold it.

Now I have a Nissan 350z with motordyne exhaust. It sounds amazing.

If you like the 350z we can drive each others car. Is your Supra a manual twin turbo?

Guest Paul123

Hi Mark.

Thanks for the reply. I have been looking at the supra for a while and really want a white one with mileage on the low side. Less than 70,000. I do not have a fixed budget. I just want to buy a good clean one. I have been considering importing one. Whifbitz suggested JM imports. That is why I really want to drive one first as if I don't like it I do not want to go through all the hassle. When I got my GTO, I really did not like the way it drove. The feedback through the steering was really bad. Could not feel what the car was doing. It was not responsive. Just big, heavy and fast. A bit like my friends BMW 335i. Fast, comfortable but numb steering. You cant feel what the car is doing. Also the suspension is more for comfort than sports car.

I am just waiting for the sale of my house to go through as I will be using some of that cash to buy the car.

The Supra doesn't have a lot of steering feedback either. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad, just not particularly involving. But then again, that's what you want in a GT, hyperactive steering isn't relaxing.

I've never driven a GTO, but I would suspect the Supra would be much better.

Guest Paul123

Hi J

Your Supra looks really nice. Really lovely car.

Yeah that's why I want to drive the supra to get a feel of what its like. My 350z is a really involving car with good feedback but the problem is there is not much scope now to increase the power. Its hard to find the balance of an involving responsive drive with a good amount of power or possibility to increase power as you get on a turbo.