The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wifbitz SMIC

Guest davismj711

Guest davismj711

Lo all, have tried the magic search and have not found a user related thread concerning this SMIC. Would all of you that have installed and used this SMIC please chime in with your experiences.

Has anyone ever done a comparison of the Whifbitz vs the CW ? are there any major differences ? Does the bar and plate design of the Wifbitz provide superior cooling or durability ?

Cheers

Guest davismj711

j_jza80 thanks for the reply, is there any hard testing to confirm this ? Several online sites claim this for the Wifbitz in their description "This will be more efficient than the stock unit and will be able to run a small single turbo setup up to 550bhp."

The other item is that the Wifbitz does use a bar and plate design, does the CW use Bar and plate also ? Lastly, it is difficult to source the CW SMIC, seems and rightly so that he needs a min order of 4 and not even sure that Chris is doing these any longer

Yes :)

I had a Whifbitz SMIC fitted to my car, which was fine when the car was stock and BPU. It was still fitted to my car when I went single turbo, but Whifbitz found the intercooler was too inefficient to cope with my 550hp target during mapping. So they installed one of their FMIC kits.

CW claims that there are several people using his SMIC on small single cars, I think Pig might be one of them but it's worth asking him.

Guest davismj711

Jay, thanks again for taking the time to reply. I also took the time to read your build thread and have a few questions and remarks. 1) Your car turned out great, the areas of slight surface rust are areas I will look into. I hate the thought of going FMIC, The Wifbitz SMIC seemed a good alternative based on the slim hopes of sourcing a CW SMIC. I have tried to source an active lip at a decent price for years to no avail. Future plans call for the GT-28 twin hybrid turbo upgrade, currently most owners running them get up to 535 hp. 2) Do the Zunsport grills require drilling the front cover to install ? 3) How are you going to source a lip and attach it w/o the supporting active lip hardware ? Thanks

Edited by davismj711 (see edit history)

I'm swapping from a greddy FMIC to a CW SMIC as part of the car revamp. I don't want much more than 600 bhp and I want the car to have active front aero and a stock ducted front end.

I got the idea from Andrew K's car.

The CW SMIC build quality is very good. I know it's expensive but I'm certain it's worth every penny.

I bought a WB SMIC which is a good quality build and, I believe, half the price of the CW SMIC. It was a straight bolt on and the car did seem to respond positively to the upgrade from the 15 year old OEM one with rotten fins that would simply powder if touched. I'm more than happy with the WB one though my credit card did get scammed straight after I purchased from their online Worldpay transaction. I did tell them afterwards to upgrade their SSL. So good product, dodgy transaction which needed a card change and rejection of a Chinese phantom charge.

Edited by rider (see edit history)

What's the current cost please Chris?

Seriously considering investing in one now.

Could get it made cheaper yourself. Just bring your current smic to any radiator manufacturer and ask them to do you one in full alloy. Last one I had made was £400 all in.

Could get it made cheaper yourself. Just bring your current smic to any radiator manufacturer and ask them to do you one in full alloy. Last one I had made was £400 all in.

/QUOTE]

Which would possibly be equivalent to the Whifbitz one at best. The CW ones use proper, F1 grade cores, which is why they can support over 600hp, and why they're so expensive (relatively speaking).

:)

Which would possibly be equivalent to the Whifbitz one at best.

The WB SMIC is twice the size of a OEM SMIC so if you are currently running a stock unit then getting it reworked wouldn't come up with the same cooling efficiency as the WB unit.

Which would possibly be equivalent to the Whifbitz one at best. The CW ones use proper, F1 grade cores, which is why they can support over 600hp, and why they're so expensive (relatively speaking).

Lol aye ok spot on 👍

The WB SMIC is twice the size of a OEM SMIC so if you are currently running a stock unit then getting it reworked wouldn't come up with the same cooling efficiency as the WB unit.

I was using a Whifbitz SMIC when I went single, but it couldn't cope with 550hp (by Whifbitz own admission). There are several cars running more than this with a CW SMIC, even over 600hp.

Currently have a Whifbitz fmic which is fine, but I want to get my active spoiler working, which is a case of either chopping up my intercooler pipework, or replacing it with a CW SMIC, which is what I'm most tempted to do now.

Nothing wrong with the Whifbitz SMIC, so long as you're not looking to go above BPU.