The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel pump ecu

cainhead

Some advice needed. After going single I have had some issues (some may have read my last thread on breaking down earlier in the week). Anyway looks like it's a fuel pump and fuel pump ecu issue. The fuel pump stopped working and the only way to get it going was to bypass the fuel ecu with the 12v mod. It now takes a few turns to get it fired and initially any revs causes the car to stutter like is being staved of fuel. The pump is a Bosch 040 and excessively noisey which leads me to think it's on it's way out.

So my initial thought is to buy a Walbro 450 and maybe a new fp ecu. However if I do this should I still do the 12v mod with a relay, and should I upgrade the wires etc. I have searched this but there are loads of opinions. The car is currently running around 450hp as I need to change the gearbox but the plans are for 650 as all other areas of the car are upgraded to support this.

Also where's the best place to get a new fp ecu.

Ideas, comments rude jokes all welcome:d

Cheers

Guest supragt45

Is the Bosch an external pump?what happened to your stock pump?how many lph is the Bosch you are currently running?also is your gear box auto tm?

The stock fuel pump ECU will not take a lot of load so you need to use its output and put it through a relay

If you need another FP ECU I have some.

Some advice needed. After going single I have had some issues (some may have read my last thread on breaking down earlier in the week). Anyway looks like it's a fuel pump and fuel pump ecu issue. The fuel pump stopped working and the only way to get it going was to bypass the fuel ecu with the 12v mod. It now takes a few turns to get it fired and initially any revs causes the car to stutter like is being staved of fuel. The pump is a Bosch 040 and excessively noisey which leads me to think it's on it's way out.

So my initial thought is to buy a Walbro 450 and maybe a new fp ecu. However if I do this should I still do the 12v mod with a relay, and should I upgrade the wires etc. I have searched this but there are loads of opinions. The car is currently running around 450hp as I need to change the gearbox but the plans are for 650 as all other areas of the car are upgraded to support this.

Also where's the best place to get a new fp ecu.

Ideas, comments rude jokes all welcome:d

Cheers