The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Blitz Nur Spec-R v HKS Carbon Ti v HKS Racing Ti

charlton

I'm stuck on which one to go for, I have the first two but no experience with the last

Nur Spec

Pros: Sounds great and looks the best

Con: Sits too low

Carbon

Pros: Sits well and looks decent

Con: Maybe too quiet?

Racing

- How does it sit compared to the other two?

- How loud is it on a TT compared to the Nur Spec?

- Is a 4" exhaust overkill on a BPU TT? (I won't be going single for some time, manual conversion first!)

HKS Racing Ti gets my vote.

1.Ground clearance is surprisingly good for a 4" exhaust system. Quality and fitment is as you'd expect from HKS...Brilliant!

2. Not so how loud it would be on a TT, but it sounds beautiful on a single turbo setup. Really compliments the 2JZ soundtrack, especially on boost :D

3. I dont think there's really such thing as overkill with exhaust setups on supras, the quicker you can release the exhaust gases the better so the 4" system would be ideal, although a 3" system would be ok.

Edited by Chris Bailey (see edit history)

Well I've had the Nur Spec R, Whifbitz 4" TI (Copy of the HKS) and now running the New HKS Hi-Power racing muffler.

Out of them all I think the one I've currently got fitted is the best, sounds lovely and got good clearance. It's style is like the Nur spec with the slash cut tip and angle.

The 4" TI did sound nice, but was abit much after awhile plus I've never really liked the look of the rear box how it sits. It's not too much for BPU it will run fine with it, it's just not necessary.

The only drawback that the new HKS I've got fitted states it's a full stainless system but the midpipe coating has started to come off and slight surface rust is starting to show. Other then that I love it.

I think the Nur Spec is loud enough so I wouldn't want louder, it's the ground clearance that bothers me, it sits too low. The piping on the Racing Ti looks very similar to the Nur Spec as in its almost a straight pipe from front to back, so it concerns me that it will sit too low and it will scrape over most speed bumps.

I also couldn't have the bung in the exhaust to make it quieter, it just doesn't look right!

The 4" HKS Racing system is louder then the Nur Spec by a large amount. When I changed mine over to the 4" I noticed it straight away on idle, even more so on WOT. The ground clearance was better then the Nur Spec tho.

This is the pipe design on the new HKS Hi-power racing muffler I've got fitted and you can see how it's designed for better ground clearance.

Edited by Rob W (see edit history)

• 4 years later...

thread revival currently comparing the two systems. Rob W I’m not sure if you’re still active on here but I’d like some more info regarding your setup. The HKS taxing design confuses me a tad, how did you get over the 72mm step down that connects to the 2nd cat pipe. My cars BPU’d so has the 3” decat pipe but loads have told me this system is not true 3” at the flange/connector. Can anyone clarify, I’ve been on all the hks websites etc. Currently contemplating the blitz due to the issues above.