The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Uk discs/pads

girth45

Hi mate

I have a set of excellent condition OEM front pads for sale, loads of life left in them. Yours for £20 delivered and can send across pics. Rears also available when I can be bothered to remove them due to siezed pins!

Greg

- - - Updated - - -

The Porterfield pads kick up so much brake dust though.

They are hands down the best. Unbelievably impressed with mine.

The Porterfield pads kick up so much brake dust though.

You're right, the race pads do, but the fast road ones weren't as dusty that I remember. I don't mind the extra dust from the race pads, it's worth the trade off for the extra bite. But to be honest most people don't need the race ones and the fast road would be more than enough for them, I just tend to really push the limits of the brakes and prefer that bit extra, the Baileys definitely don't need the race spec, that's not a dig! But I never see them push the car that hard, and perhaps would benefit form the less dusty fast road ones, especially with those fancy wheels?

Edited by Burna (see edit history)

There are better pads but not made for uk calipers anymore.

Yeah, I keep mulling over the idea of a change of caliper to brembo or k-sport, but to be honest the porterfield race ones are doing there job for me at the moment.

You're right, the race pads do, but the fast road ones weren't as dusty that I remember. I don't mind the extra dust from the race pads, it's worth the trade off for the extra bite. But to be honest most people don't need the race ones and the fast road would be more than enough for them, I just tend to really push the limits of the brakes and prefer that bit extra, the Baileys definitely don't need the race spec, that's not a dig! But I never see them push the car that hard, and perhaps would benefit form the less dusty fast road ones, especially with those fancy wheels?

We push the car when its ok to do so, I'd imagine we could get away with the fast road pads. But Lee recommended them to dad and he went with them. Lee's knowledge on brakes would be better than ours.

We push the car when its ok to do so, I'd imagine we could get away with the fast road pads. But Lee recommended them to dad and he went with them. Lee's knowledge on brakes would be better than ours.

How do you find the dust levels? Mine are caked after just a short blast, I might go with the fast road next time, as I only ran fast road in the car for a very short time before swapping, and I don't remember there being a vast difference, and only swapped to the race ones as Littlenum threw a set my way.

What I do notice is with the race pads is that they quite easily lock the brakes up once they are warm, even when just a performing a not too harsh high speed stop, I don't remember the lock up point being so easy/high with the fast road, and they gave a more progressive stop, not so On and Off as the race pads

The fast road maybe the way to go, but saying that I did need the full on instant stop on DBv1 a couple of times, so did Rosie, due to Belgium drivers just pulling out on us on motorways as we approached passing them near flat out.

How do you find the dust levels? Mine are caked after just a short blast, I might go with the fast road next time, as I only ran fast road in the car for a very short time before swapping, and I don't remember there being a vast difference, and only swapped to the race ones as Littlenum threw a set my way.

What I do notice is with the race pads is that they quite easily lock the brakes up once they are warm, even when just a performing a not too harsh high speed stop, I don't remember the lock up point being so easy/high with the fast road, and they gave a more progressive stop, not so On and Off as the race pads

The fast road maybe the way to go, but saying that I did need the full on instant stop on DBv1 a couple of times, so did Rosie, due to Belgium drivers just pulling out on us on motorways as we approached passing them near flat out.

There is definitely more brake dust than the previois Chris Wilson pads we had fitted. But because we have grey wheels you dont see much of the brake dust. Although after the drive home from Wroxall the polished lips on the rims had a fine dust over them which is easily wiped off.

There is definitely more brake dust than the previois Chris Wilson pads we had fitted. But because we have grey wheels you dont see much of the brake dust. Although after the drive home from Wroxall the polished lips on the rims had a fine dust over them which is easily wiped off.

Oh way more dust than CW fast road pads, but the porterfield pads are way better than the CW sets I previously had in, I set two sets on fire!