The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1994 Toyota Supra TT RZ Import Manual

mike_mcevoy

Well after much harassment I have been persuaded to sell my 1994 Toyota Supra RZ Twin Turbo Import. The basic history of this car is that I bought this in 2005 direct from Japan and imported this privately (all documents provided). The car was mainly used as a weekend car, the occasional trackday and used at the Manx Classic Hillclimbs. After we started to get back into rallying this unfortunately took a back seat and was put into storage and only has been used occasionally since then. Considering it hasn’t really moved much in the last four years it start first time very easily from cold. I have had to just replace the alternator as well as the battery, as they didn’t like being stored and this now gives out a solid 14Volt charging. The basic spec is below that I can remember, I’ve done a number of performance tweaks bit nothing over the top, I had bought a HKS single turbo upgrade for this but plans went out the window, it’s currently at BPU-ish level but safely. One thing I’m still really impressed with is the exhaust. Not overly loud so keeps the neighbours happy but has a good note when giving it some, plus as it stainless I haven’t directly cleaned or polished this but 5 years later it is still shiny, go figure?

Two main bad points I can list are it is not Insured or Taxed due to being stored and secondly it has not liked the Manx winters, I think, as the Lacquer across the roof and bonnet have gone a little hazy (more noticeable in bright sunlight, when it happens) but may be recoverable with a good valet or if you are going to change to colour not really an issue! It wont be available for another week or so as I’m in the middle of some work exams but If you want any more details or would like to see this, please PM me. This car is currently based in the Isle of Man so would need to come over to view it but can go to either Heysham Port or Liverpool to drop this off. Looking for around the £8000 mark but open to negotiation.

I have included a collection of photos but if you want any more please let me know. Below are a number of links to videos of the car for reference.

https://youtu.be/rNyhDi3trnk

https://youtu.be/C-p3D5eVyV4

https://youtu.be/8hp4heF2uBQ

https://youtu.be/9T7p7fT7o4E

Engine:

Twin Turbo 2JZ GTE 3litre 6 cylinder

Brand new Alternator

19 row oil cooler with Mocal Oil Stat

Blitz remote oil filter housing

Induction:

OEM Ceramic Turbo's

Standard induction with aftermarket panel filter

Upgraded SMIC (extra 50mm think)

HKS SSQV dump valve

Fuel, tuning & ECU:

BLITZ dual SBC spec R electronic Boost Control

Blitz Access ECU (remapped for better high-end fuelling

Denso IK22 Spark plugsW

Walbro 342 255ltr fuel pump

Fuel Cut defender

Speed limiter removed

Exhaust:

Garage Whifbitz 3" single box cat back exhaust system

Chris Wilson stainless steel double de-cat

1.0 bar restrictor ring

Drivetrain:

RPS Cyn-R-G Segmented Flywheel

RPS Stage 3 Clutch with Solid Hub

6 speed manual GETRAG gearbox on solid Alloy mounts

OEM Limited Slip Differential

Exterior:

Active front spoiler with manual override(slightly damaged by speed bump)

OEM style side skirts

OEM rear spats

Painted headlights (Black)

Pre-Facelift sidelights/indicators

Separate Rear fog

Interior:

Bride racing seat (driver only)

Defi HUD

Defi BF series oil pressure and oil temperature gauges

Defi Link control unit

AEM AFR digital guage

Momo steering wheel

Suspension, wheels, & brakes:

Tein Super Street Adjustable Coilovers front and rear

Front and rear Cusco strut braces

Cusco Front and rear uprated ARB

Ikeya Formula front rosejointed wishbones

Brand new OEM rear suspension

Standard Jspec brakes with uprated Material and discs

Calipers sprayed blue with supra decal

Goodrich braded brake lines

RBF600 fluid

Wheels 18" Kei D2 (Hypersilver)

Toyo R888

Bad points:

Flaking paint lacquer on rear drivers quarter

Cracked Drivers side skirt, will provide new ones to be fitted

No radio

[ATTACH=CONFIG]213505[/ATTACH]

can you pm me please my phone keeps freezing when I try and send a message

if it's as described I'll take it have cash waiting and no problem on the insurance etc I'll come in a recovery truck

been after a tt 6 speed for a while and this one's in my budget many thanks

well said fitz i mean iv saved just over 8k and im still saving for a tt6 but i mean if this was my opportunity to get one then happy days , but you get the (few) that always tell people to up the price etc

now if the (few) had the 8k i bet they would be on the ball of buying this car as i dont see them rocking up and saying hi mate dont worry about it ill give you the extra 4k and take it away if you get my meaning !

If he's after £8,000 for it and someone offers him £8,000 then I don't see what the problem is. Doubt he needs everyone on here proclaiming that "its far too cheap".

IMO we have an obligation to point things like this out. This isn't a bargain car forum, it is the mkiv Supra owners forum. We're supposed to discuss these cars, further our own knowledge of them, and share that knowledge with others. Just as we rightly point out suspicious cars that come up.for sale.

If people want cheap cars, they can go to Gumtree or eBay and deal with the hassle that comes with it :)

IMO we have an obligation to point things like this out. This isn't a bargain car forum, it is the mkiv Supra owners forum. We're supposed to discuss these cars, further our own knowledge of them, and share that knowledge with others. Just as we rightly point out suspicious cars that come up.for sale.

If people want cheap cars, they can go to Gumtree or eBay and deal with the hassle that comes with it :)

:thumbs:

To add to that aswell, currant prices are rising and at the level they should be, if one tt6 sells for this price it could potentially lower the prices for others, its a benchmark that I for one think we dont need after years of supras being massively undervalued in our market

:thumbs:

To add to that aswell, currant prices are rising and at the level they should be, if one tt6 sells for this price it could potentially lower the prices for others, its a benchmark that I for one think we dont need after years of supras being massively undervalued in our market

Don't get me wrong, I completely agree that as an owners forum we have an obligation to ensure that people are well educated around the car, market price among various other aspects. But, all too often I see someone advertise their car or a specific part for '£X' which could be perceived as a massive bargain compared to what you'd usually pay (or expect to pay given market prices or recent sales) then after advice the price shoots up to '£Y'. Yes, its great that it keeps the value up and of course me personally I wouldn't want to under value my own car but it does alienate some buyers who could initially afford that '£X' price but not '£Y'.

Anyway...this isn't my for sale thread :D Apologies for clogging it up - Best of luck with the sale if it hasn't sold already :thumbs:

I'm in two minds about this.......

The IOM adds logistical costs, and given the lack of any formal MOT over there potentially other costs, so dubious/difficult options re self driving it home, so even more cost if trailered. It seems a good car but as said not used that much recently and so an MOT 'might' uncover more than usual? Some lovely bits on the car, but if those aftermarket arms are worn from the racing or the minor off the car had then you are looking at a few hundred to replace with stock.

Mike has obviously had it a long time, would be chuffed with a no hassle sale at £8k (was expecting less) so he'd be happy and the new owner feels he can invest a bit in getting it back up to normal.

Flip side you can probably break it for more, but not that much more? I hope both eventual party's get a deal they are happy with :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.