The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wannabe Supra Owner

puna

Hi all, new forum member here from Devon. I'm on the lookout for a new weekend toy, preferably a project car but would be happy for almost any auto TT (manuals would be out of budget currently). I have a budget of around 10k, would have loved to of seen the Black Supra TT in Dorset that was advertised a few weeks back, but is now on PH for 3k more :( and therefore is now out of my price range. I've never owned anything Jap before, so this will be a new experience!

Hi Puna :)

£10k should get you a pretty good auto, personally I'd try and find a facelift. Tiptronics are great, and can be converted to use paddleshifters which is a very good upgrade, but a £10k tiptronic will likely be a little ropey, and you can not remove the 120mph speed limiter without causing problems.

Thanks all. Yeah I am in no rush to buy, so I will try and hold out for a facelift if possible! I've seen that there are a group of people on here going to the Mt Edgecombe, Plymouth car show on the 7th of August, I should also be attending so hopefully will be able to have a chat with some members :)

Thanks all. Yeah I am in no rush to buy, so I will try and hold out for a facelift if possible! I've seen that there are a group of people on here going to the Mt Edgecombe, Plymouth car show on the 7th of August, I should also be attending so hopefully will be able to have a chat with some members :)

See you there :)

Welcome to the club and come and say hi, don't worry about butting in if we are sat chatting either

• 2 months later...

So I finally took the plunge and bought this Auto TT, absolutely loving it so far! I was a bit apprehensive about the auto box, but I'm really impressed with it.

The car itself is really clean, both inside and out. It's pretty close to stock as well, which is nice as I had no prior experience with Supra's.

If there are any meets in the South West, it would be great to come along and have a chat with some other Supra owners!

20160918_185407.jpg

supra1.jpg

supra2.jpg

supra3.jpg