The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear Arch Flaring

Big Mark

In need of getting my rear arches flared, they've already been rolled but will need flaring for the new wheels.

I did use Arch Enemy before but looks like there's not anyone in my area at present

Who here has flared arches, who did you use and any issues or tips?

Thanks Al.

Hadn't finalised my plans last week but have now.

19x11J ET35 rears with a 295 or 305 tyre will need a little flare and to compliment the rear I have Ridox front arches on the way now so will see just how much wider than stock they are but probably get 19x9.5J ET20 for the front with 255 tyre.

CV37 6RS Stratford-Upon-Avon (Ideal for a romantic weekend break with the Mrs :) )

Tho might be easier to do it at a mates in Rugby or I could pop up to you.

I'm waiting for the front arches to arrive and are trial fitted before I order the wheels and the wheels will take 2 weeks so still little while off yet. Plus need to decide on rear tyre size

Guessing that flaring will crack paint and need a respray?

Well my new front wings will need painting anyway so no biggie, plus in a couple of years the whole car will get a full respray.

Will my trial rear bumper be an issue, does it need to come off?

My rim will poke out 7.7mm more than present, but go in 17.7mm and tyre will have a bit of a stretch, so a 295 MIGHT go unflared, not really sure about 305 tho.

I think I'll get front arch on, and order wheels and see if I can try a 295 and 305 tyre on somewhere and see what's what.

No the rear bumper wont be an issue.

The arch doesn't go that far down at the back to be affected too much by a bumper.

Can you get me any photos of the roll that has already been done?

Just want to look at the lips from the inside and inside-above to see how flat the roll is.

I then should be able to work out how well a flare will work.

• 2 months later...