Guest niger2dcore

which is the best tyre

can i get recommendation of the best tyre to chose out of these three

goodyear eagle F1 GSD -3

bridgestone SO-3

toyo T1-S

need to purchase some asap

cheers

I've got pilots... but thats because they're one of the only makes in the right size and I can't comment on how good they are becaues I've not used them yet. hahahaha. Sorry. Just to add. Don't think there will be a conclusive answer to this. Decide on the best few then see what prices and avilability you get and choose that way?

Mich pilot sports are realy good i jus got a set last week do no if yous remember me askin where to get cheep tires , well budget in livi mate if your a scottish boy and know where livi is £417 bucks for three fitted & balanced 18" 255width on rear ! I only needed to get three as ma mate works there and stuck the forth on for free ! Still good price like and they will do a well good deal if you get four LOL

to be honest at this level I would be surprised if there is much difference between the F1's and the pilots??

cheers

mark

You would be VERY surprised at how similar level performance tyres vary so massively. You just have to look at independant tyre tests such as autocar did to see.

Few years back the S02 PP and F1 GS-D2 were the top scorers. Lately its been going to the GS-D3's....

Yup thats why I have 4 x GSD3's on at the minute. But according to some reviews and people's comments they aren't the best in the dry... I must admit that in the wet I found them much better than other's I've tried. I've only had the Soop 7 months so need feedback on what people find in the dry weather.....

True they might not be the tip top best in the dry, they win on their all round ability, nothing seems to come close in the wet, and going on the weatehr in this country I'd rather have wet weather ability!! ;)

Another way about the difference in tyres - my old scoob when I bought it had Eagles all round, the older GS-D2 model and the rear offside was fitted with an Avon ZZ1. Went on a run up to the peak district and everytime weight was transferred to the that side the rear would step out as the tyre had no grip at all. Changed it and the problem went.

I've been in other scoobs with ZZ1's and if I'd have been in mine I'd have left them standing. The do great at taking what grip a car has and binning it - most dangerous tyre I've ever come across wet or dry.

And consider that it was marketed in the same group as the F1, and not only that but the ads in Evo showed them fitted to an STi :eek: