The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone known of a GT3076 on a 2JZGTE

jumpbike

Background is my car is, auto, 4 wheel drive and very long geared, had problems with the standard twin set up so currently true twin but off the line it's the slowest thing in the world. Around town it's never above 2500rpm and flat as anything

I don't want any more power top end than you'd get from a good BPU but want as instantaneous response as possible. I was thinking a HX35 and if I can convert my manifold to twin scroll I will probs go that way but iv been looking into GT3076 which should flow enough for what I want but it's available with a T4 0.63 housing which I'd be really curious to try. Worse case it's too choked up top and I try a 0.82.

I may have to regear diffs I'm the future to bring the gearing down but for now I'm curious if I can make use of the engine between 2 and 3k

it's a highly modified set up using an external wastegate with hybrid twins and fully adjustable control over when the vsv valves open but iv had issues with a certain piece of tube that keeps cracking with the heat and iv given up welding it up. Im not even sure i can remove the turbos without removing the engine in the car. I've never been a fan of the sequential system because the transition between the turbos is not nice and cant have full boost on first turbo because it makes the transition worse, I just want it smooth, also not a fan of the way the boost runs away with it self the second you hit a hill on the motorway.

the plan is to make the boost respond to the throttle input also so a small single doesn't run away with it self at part throttle like they do with a standard boost controller.