The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Has anyone on here truly facelifted a UK spec?

88LE

I already have facelift front and rear lights, but was thinking of changing the side indicators and adding the rear red reflectors.

This would mean cutting into a perfectly good rear wing and front bumper.

Anyone done this?

I have fitted facelift front side markers to a pre facelift bumper. Did a lot of research looking at pictures of the shape of the hole that needed cutting and the position of the lamp on the bumper. Made a cardboard template and cut out one side. Then mirrored the position to the other side and cut. I used a dremel to cut the holes.

I believe evinx fitted rear side markers to a pre facelift car.

Check out this thread and scroll down the page. You'll get an idea of how evinX facelifted his pre-facelift Supra, he's done a great job :cool:

He might be able to give you a few pointers on how to mark up the lights accurately :)

(Although his isn't a UK spec, so has no washer jet things on the front bumper).

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?304148-evinX-s-1996-Aerotop-project-AEROTOP-HEADLINER-RETRIM/page6

The list is long, oh the list is long! prefacelift jdm or uk spec will be the same process, but for a uk spec you will need to dump the uk front for a facelift front, or a pre facelift and cut/ drill all the holes to it!

Facelift front wings

Facelift spats to get an idea of where they need to be

Facelift front side markers + bolts, nuts + looms

Rear side markers + looms and grommets + red screws, of a facelift or us spec will do

Be prepared to paint the front wings, rear arches and front bumper

Cutting and filing tools

then i made loads of templates that looked like a gasket for the markers to position holes etc, all kinds of markings from pictures, using spats and such to get them in the correct position on both sides...its long.

Dont think adding facelift headlights, rear lights and front indicators will be facelifting a prefacelift :D

On my thread the pictures of certain steps make it look like a simple process. Believe me its far from it.

Truly facelifting one would involve a dash swap, and fitting a dodgy boot release mechanism :D

Personally I wouldn't even consider cutting the rear quarters for the red side markers. If you really want the look, take the red lenses from the side markers and attach them to the wing using trim tape.

Truly facelifting one would involve a dash swap, and fitting a dodgy boot release mechanism :D

Personally I wouldn't even consider cutting the rear quarters for the red side markers. If you really want the look, take the red lenses from the side markers and attach them to the wing using trim tape.

Yep, the dash, seats, headliner, door panels are different ish to, also control arms iirc and also the later ones were vvti :O oh and liquid filled engine mounts :D:D

Edited by evinX (see edit history)