The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recaro Speed Bargain - Options

Marty

So i recently managed to get my hands on a pair of brand new recaro speeds off Amazon for a steal, red for £166 and white for £207, not sure why they were so cheap, maybe because they were the last two in stock.

Obviously having two with different stitching / emblem colours in the car would look a little daft. My question is what are my options, i'm swaying towards the red so have considered dying the white one red. Has anyone done this before? There is a video on YouTube of a guy who uses a red sharpie (i kid you not) to dye his white stitching red on his seats, with good results, see

That leaves me with the emblem, a sharpie would look naff i'd imagine. What else could i do? I guess i could buy a red one at full price (£540) then try and sell the white, but i'd prefer not to have that hassle.

I do have a set of very nice fake suede recaro speeds that i'll be selling soon too if anyone is interested, no rails.

Pic of the seats in question..

IMG_20160711_152045.jpg

Edited by Marty (see edit history)

I'd sale and rebuy. I'd be worried I'd ruin the white on with the sharpie is all I'm thinking.

But then again using the sharpie is the cheapest and quickest option.

Wish I saw these bit I couldn't find any recaro seats on amazon only kid's ones.

That's my thought's too, the stitching will look just fine, its the vinyl emblem that is the risk i think. I wonder if Recaro would provide me with a new red emblem if i asked them?

I stumbled upon them by chance, got very lucky i think :thumbs:

Personally, I'd be very wary of brand new Recaros at that sort of low price! There are plenty of fakes around and that pricetag is ridiculously low....

Tell me about it, a clown on here (suprasizejim) sold me some fakes saying they were real :clown:

These are definitely the real deal pal, direct from amazon prime, came in the recaro boxes with all the blurb. Link here..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DPE9EF0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DPE9BLM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What else could i do? I guess i could buy a red one at full price (£540) then try and sell the white, but i'd prefer not to have that hassle.

That's exactly what I would do, even if you buy one a full price its still a big saving on buying a set at full retail.