The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA Supra - Worth Selling Or Break ?

adarmo

I had intended to build my Supra into a V8 but that isn't going to happen so I've currently got a complete facelift Supra with minor damage to NS wings and missing : gearbox, diff, brakes and suspension.

So can anyone tell me what this would be worth ?

I suspect it's worth far more in parts but it seems a shame scrap an otherwise good car.

Whichever way I go I'll put the relevant ads in the Classifieds but as the National meet is a Wroxall Abbey which is within 5 miles I thought I'd better make me mind up asap

Equally if anyone knows of someone with a damaged Supra I'd happily make one good car out of the two.

Edited by adarmo
Changed Formatting (see edit history)

I can dig some out, this isn't a sale thread so just in general terms is a Supra that's missing the bits I listed worth £500, £1000, £1500 etc

I can see what bits and bobs fetch in the classifieds but I haven't seen any incomplete or damaged cars for sale (otherwise I'd have bought one)

Jesus, thats in quite a state, dented rear arch to, if i was going to buy it id pay £600 tops, rekon you could get £800 from the right buyer though. And that would be with the engine and box - running.

Yeah right - manual box conversions start at £1000 - I'll buy as many as you can supply.

Yeah right - manual box conversions start at £1000 - I'll buy as many as you can supply.

You say the underside is "mint", I assumed you mean it's in good condition as one persons version of "mint" is usually very different to another :) This is why detailed pictures are good.

Also you haven't said what box is fitted or confirmed the milage.

I think you have also answered your own question though, it's going to be worth more in parts.

You say the underside is "mint", I assumed you mean it's in good condition as one persons version of "mint" is usually very different to another :) This is why detailed pictures are good.

Also you haven't said what box is fitted or confirmed the milage.

I think you have also answered your own question though, it's going to be worth more in parts.

I have said the box is missing - I was referring to evinX who said he'd want it with the gearbox for £800

So it's just an engine and a shell?

Tough one as condition is everything with these cars. This one looks a bit worse for wear so I wouldn't expect anything high tbh.

As I said I suspect it's worth more in parts I just need a baseline to work it out - obviously there's the hassle of removing parts and posting too so if it's £800 shell V £1000 parts I'd still try to sell the shell.

When I bought it I had a mate who was going to respray it at cost but he changed jobs

I'm definitely selling - too many projects myself - the only question is whether it's in one go or in parts

Std front bumper (not pictured)

Bonnet

doors

facelift interior

facelift lights

engine

rear bumper

rear hatch

dash headlining etc

Suspension arms, shell, loads of electronics etc

So easily £1500+ in parts

So if as it stands I'm told it's only worth £600 then I'd have to break it.

I'd take the engine and interior out and sell the rest as a shell.

I suppose the main issue is I don't know what people do with Supras, RX7s and MX5s I'm aware what people want - ie complete shells to drop an LS engine in.

Engine £200 ?

Interior £200 ?

Shell ??

I suppose the main issue is I don't know what people do with Supras, RX7s and MX5s I'm aware what people want - ie complete shells to drop an LS engine in.

Engine £200 ?

Interior £200 ?

Shell ??

Pricing on the shell is entirely dependant on the condition of it. It's very hard to pluck a number from thin air. I've seen shells go from £150 all the way to 2K+. So there is a broad spectrum of possibilities.

If you want some proper opinions on the price of the shell, get some proper photos documenting the condition of the underbody/suspenion/body panels/engine bay etc.

If that's too much effort, then just set a price and hope it does the job :p

Edited by Mike2JZ (see edit history)

I have a auto box and ecu loom brakes suspension and diff for sale for £800 the. You can sell car for £4000

/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good price - too late for me though if others fancy putting the two together they'd better be quick as PMs are flooding in for parts