The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stay twin go single

drifter

I just had this happen to be. Got my turbos rebuilt as it cost 1200 for those plus fitting.

Whereas going single turbo properly is around £20k

Depends on what you can afford and what you're end goals are and if you really need the power but it's a lot more money.

Whatever you choose.

Good luck!

Depends what your goals are for the car. I must admit a UK spec manual is a rare car and will be a collectors car. So in that respect probably best left in twin turbo form because thats what a collector would look for I'd imagine. Although single turbo is a great experience, and something to consider if you can afford to do it properly.

Berg has just fitted the PHR Street Torque kit and is running on a stock ECU with no issues and a 1 bar spring in the Waste Gate until he changes the ECU.

If/when I go single I reckon I'll be going for the same kit. Oh and kit fitted perfectly and included absolutely everything including blanking plugs and caps. I think it's $2560 from MVP (who are cheaper than direct from PHR)

Surely fuelling will be all over the place using the stock ECU. How long is he intending to stay single for before adding the standalone ECU? I am guessing not very long...

Not very long at all

But fuelling is absolutely fine, readings are barely any different to when it was on twins, its ever so slightly richer at WOT, wideband gauge reads low 12s/high 11's

Lots of people have done it in the past, some permanent and have no intentions of changing to a standalone so i dont know why so many people say you have to baby it and run no boost at all

I will admit i tried the 1bar spring expecting it to be lean top end and would have changed to a 0.6bar to be safe but its fine

Also £20k to do a single right??? thats rubbish unless you follow suit and go built engine and syvecs

All in including ecu and mapping mine will owe me under £5k, if your going from a stock car then expect a bit more, ive come from bpu so exhaust, intercooler etc i already had

Edited by berg (see edit history)

Not very long at all

But fuelling is absolutely fine, readings are barely any different to when it was on twins, its ever so slightly richer at WOT, wideband gauge reads low 12s/high 11's

Lots of people have done it in the past, some permanent and have no intentions of changing to a standalone so i dont know why so many people say you have to baby it and run no boost at all

I will admit i tried the 1bar spring expecting it to be lean top end and would have changed to a 0.6bar to be safe but its fine

Also £20k to do a single right??? thats rubbish unless you follow suit and go built engine and syvecs

All in including ecu and mapping mine will owe me under £5k, if your going from a stock car then expect a bit more, ive come from bpu so exhaust, intercooler etc i already had

Is this kit laggy compare to standard and what turbo have u