The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra problem

WIDESUPRA

Hi i have problem that anyone could help with,

I have a mk4 supra manual non turbo

the rear passenger side wheel moves back when i put 20 inch wheels and drive the car .

Wanted to know if any one else had the same problem and if could help on this

cheers

Think more info required please

Are you saying its fine with whatever other size wheels you have ? doesn't really make sense to be honest, changing the diameter shouldn't cause the suspension to move forwards or backwards that much more.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

So when i have the 20" alloys on and move the car forward the rim hits the arch and seems like it moved back towards the arch, as before I move the car forward there's a 1-2 inches gap between the rim and arch but as soon as i drive/move the car forward there's no gap so the wheel has moved back and the other side seems normal..

When i put 18" alloys on i cant see no issue maybe because its a smaller alloy so has more of a gap and i haven't noticed it, i'm sure it sill moves just haven't paid much attention to it..

Hope this makes sense.

Thank you

I can't imagine it's not doing it with the 18's just as you say you are not noticing it. Sounds pretty bad to have that much slack/play in the suspension.

Are the 20's all the same widths? Are there any odd noises starting stopping reversing etc?

All the 20's are same width and there's no noise, I remember moving the wheel while the car was jacked up but I couldn't seem to see any play but will have to double check again and look closer hopefully find the problem,

Thanks again you've been very helpful.

Put 18" back on and grab mate/other half get them to put in 1st with foot on brakes pull clutch up slowly till fill movement and rock car on biting point and YOU look for any play then do the same with the 20"

More than likely what has been said weak bush/joint etc as with the 18" probably dose the same movements but there's more gap before it touches anything as with the 20"

I did this on my old bmw 330 cab as it felt soft and wondered in the air all felt tight even with a 2ft bar but doing as I say above car weight + a pulling load see the 2 inner bushes was totalled and had even come fully away from the sleeveing swapped bushes for new did the same test and solid

Test drive and 100% different car all that agg for £50 bushes

Give it ago you got nothing to lose :)