The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Speedo convertor??

raddys

Hi, my 93 tt auto is still in kmh and i want to convert it to mph and the odo i need converting to read miles and say miles instead of kmh, my question is i can find a speedo converter but id rather a reputable company do it with a certificate?

Anyone know anyone who could do this job around the bedfordshire area?

Or failing that anywhere else?

Many thanks

There's 2 issues here. Converting the speedo to read in mph instead of kph is fairly easy. But that won't do anything to change the odo to miles. Depending on how they're wired up, some of the speed converters (or UK speedo cluster I think) will make the odo count up in miles from this point onwards. This is the worst of both worlds IMO, because the odo will read a weird mixture of kms and miles. If you must have an odo that reads in miles, I'd suggest you get it professionally converted to a mileage count. Anything else is shady, confusing or both.

Basically i want one or the other, i dont mind have a speedo thats in mph and the odo in kmh, i just dont want the odo to say xxxxxKMH but then go up in miles because like you said that gets confusing, im not sure if there is a speedo converter that just does the speedo and leaves the odo to continue clocking in kmh

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks il give these guys a ring

Basically i want one or the other, i dont mind have a speedo thats in mph and the odo in kmh, i just dont want the odo to say xxxxxKMH but then go up in miles because like you said that gets confusing, im not sure if there is a speedo converter that just does the speedo and leaves the odo to continue clocking in kmh

Then I would suggest you convert the speedo to mph, and leave the odo alone to count up in kms. Most if not all of the speed converters will do this. Converting the odo is extra effort. Note that the speedo and the odo are quite separate things. Converting one of them doesn't automatically convert the other. It sounds strange I know, but that's how it works.