The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SOLD JSpec NA auto

kokoro

Make: Toyota(!)

Model: Supra NA auto JSpec

Colour: Silver

Year: 1994 (M reg)

Mileage: 111,000 km (69k miles). This car is my daily, but I only do about 5k miles a year. I've done less than 20k in the 4 years I've owned it.

MOT: May 2017

Service history: Some, last service Nov 2014, lots of paperwork including all MOTs from importation.

Car's location: East Yorkshire

Modifications: OEM body kit (as shown on Japanese forecourt pics I have)

Rear upper windscreen spoiler

Custom PURPLE Moman dials

Delimited (Thor), reads in MPH on speedo but still counts up in KM so no ambiguity re genuine low mileage (paperwork to support)

Whifbitz exhaust fitted May 2015 (loud)

Toad professionally fitted alarm with certificate (central locking fob)

Pioneer double din Bluetooth stereo with handsfree phone setup (USB in front)

Rear parking sensors

Black rear windows

Clear side repeaters

Facelift clear front indicators

Good bits: X2 new rear tyres (Toyo) February 2016

Only 2 UK owners, ie, the man who imported it and myself

Replaced driver’s window regulator in 2015

All electrics work like they should

Most tools (and all the important ones) still in the boot (we even have the original Japanese flare, expiry some time in the 90s!)

Car drives like a dream

Body work and interior in good order (except what’s mentioned below). Underside looks like a recent import

Lots of paperwork, including all MOTs, importation docs, original Supra books (in Japanese!)

Non-molested

2 keys and 2 fobs

New battery July 2016

Bad bits: Paintwork on rear spoiler small peeling spots (happened during first winter in snow)

Front splitter cracked (had job priced when I bought the car, but never done. Cheap fix, especially if you know a guy/shop or are handy yourself)

Slight rusting at bottom of rear screen (I believe this is common fault?)

MOT advisories – front nearside tyre close to legal limit, break pipes slight corrosion (last 1.5cm)

The alloys. They work and look fine from a distance. I love the staggered deep look on the rear, but they aren’t great. I made numerous enquiries with refurb places about having them tended to, but as they’re Jap ones, no one would touch them (they were concerned they wouldn’t take the chemicals?!). The previous owner put these on to sell (having swapped with his friend) and unfortunately they came in this condition. I plastidipped the spokes to try to improve them, but they are what they are. I’m sure someone with connections at wheel furb places would be able to make them great again. For info, they are 17" ‘Works’ I believe (rears 255 x 40, so look pretty wide).

PRICE: SOLD!

Please PM for contact details.

This was my dream car for so long and it is a very reluctant sale. My boyfriend bought me a model of one in 2001 because I loved them so much. I eventually realised my dream by buying this guy in 2012, so he has been my daily for 4 years (he’s never missed a beat in this time). I bought him because I wanted one that hadn’t been messed with. The man who imported him in 2002 was an older gentleman and built a garage especially for the car. He did minimal miles and only sold because he was struggling to get in and out (included is all the importation paperwork). This car has been amazing to own. I’m really in two minds about the whole thing, but the sensible part of me says I need something more economical. I think he’d be an excellent car for someone who’ll really appreciate him. He’s genuine, pulls like a Supra should, looks good and turns many a head still, especially with the deep hum of the Whifbitz exhaust.

Interior pics to be added in next day or so, but is standard (ie leather rear, fabric front and grey carpets). Boot is black carpet and boot blind is in situ and fully working.

The price of this seriously makes me question why I am spending so much time and money on my dog of an NA Auto :-(

Because we love our Supras? You could always sell and buy a nicer dog....

UPDATE: new battery fitted today. Hearing this car seriously makes me want to keep it, so someone please take it off my hands before I change my mind.

Not sure it is over priced in the current market, it needs a bigger audience, I've not seen it on any of the regular car sale sites and from what I can see this will undercut anything current up for sale so should sell fairly easily?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.