The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra hitting 500k Miles

fahim21

hi I have recently joined and have the identical car to this, colour interior wheels everything.... I amazed the attention it gets everywhere I take it...

i am considered changing my wheels .. would you have any idea of the best size for me to go for??

hi I have recently joined and have the identical car to this, colour interior wheels everything.... I amazed the attention it gets everywhere I take it...

i am considered changing my wheels .. would you have any idea of the best size for me to go for??

18 inch or 19 inch. Get some wheels with staggered fitment so you get a nice stance. Or get Japan Racing wheels I think they're like 9.5j all the way round? They look crazy.

Sent from my LG G5

Uk cars came with the larger 4 pot fronts and 2 pot rears, but they aren't UK brakes :thumbs:

Also stay well away from 19's unless you want to ruin the handling of the car. 17 front and rear would be the best option and the smallest size you could go with the larger OEM brakes. If you want something different 18 front and 17 rear would be a good choice or like most 18 front and 18 rear.

ET all depends on the wheel, the search function is your friend is this instance as it has been covered many times before :)

E2A

A few threads from the US forum with loads of info in one place.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?286652-*official-Rims-wheels-Post

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?558091-Wheel-Tire-Size-Offset-Thread-Search-here!

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

Thank you I have a black uk twin 6 speed it's completely stock with 90 percent toyota service history all stamped and been owned buy 1 guy since it was 6 months old I really wanna do a few bits to it but don't wanna mess it up lol

Same as me :) got any pictures ? We have a uk spec register if you could pm me any details about the car such as reg number, mileage I can add it to the register. Or it might even be on there, how long have you had it ?

Edited by Tyson (see edit history)

Hi mate , its exactly the same as yours.... I have had it a few months now. the guy who owned it before me I have worked for since I was 14 I am now 28 !!!! he purchased it from motorline Toyota in ashford ( my local Toyota) in 1996 and sold it to me this year. he is now 68 and decided it was time!! yeah I have pictures but not quite sure how to put them on line??? I really are not into computer lol you gonna be at the ultimate street car at santa pod in august??? maybe we could meet up???/

Hi mate , its exactly the same as yours.... I have had it a few months now. the guy who owned it before me I have worked for since I was 14 I am now 28 !!!! he purchased it from motorline Toyota in ashford ( my local Toyota) in 1996 and sold it to me this year. he is now 68 and decided it was time!! yeah I have pictures but not quite sure how to put them on line??? I really are not into computer lol you gonna be at the ultimate street car at santa pod in august??? maybe we could meet up???/

Couple of ways first is by uploading directly to the forum which can be done by creating a post as you have done and clicking the insert image button above where you type your message or alternatively you can create a photo bucket account and copy the img tag from the photo and paste it into a post. And no I won't be unfortunately my job means I work every weekend so rarely get to go to meets anymore. My car probably doesn't remember what Tarmac looks like :(