The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MK3 Supra...

supra_ufo

I find myself keep looking at MK3 supras! I never was really a big fan of them but I have started seeing some pop up on the NET and they look amazing (i'll admit better than the MK4 :taped:).

Always wanted a car with pop up head lights..

I need someone to tell me they are expensive or parts are hard to find.:sly:

I want 1!! Is it difficult to drop a 2JZ inside them? I would want a 6 speed, i know they are rare but it will be a long term project. I'll have to sell the aero to fund it though...

There is a mint one on ebay for sale, 3.5k white turbo auto.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1989-Toyota-Supra-3-0-Turbo-/252434360642?hash=item3ac642a942:g:tgoAAOSwvg9XVGW-

attachment.php?attachmentid=213010&stc=1&d=1467315669

attachment.php?attachmentid=213008&stc=1&d=1467315669

attachment.php?attachmentid=213007&stc=1&d=1467315669

attachment.php?attachmentid=213009&stc=1&d=1467315669

5775114020_a7c6d70965_o.jpg

cb7e584c.jpg

dsc0091.jpg

mkiii-supra-trinidad1.jpg

Saw a 1jz r154 for sale on flee bay for 7k

The later models had the 1jz not the gm motor.

There's a white one on your tube with the classic 1000bhp but I love the mk3 brick like lines and they look awesomr with ccw classics just like the mk4 does :p

where ever that video was taken its awesome scenery

Get a fresh import, late manual Turbo R model. 1JZ, R154, Recaros etc. They can and do rust,so a fresh import, fully waxoyled and undersealed will be your best bet.

Get rid of the stock twins, fit a small single and you'll have an amazing, fast and reliable car. :cool:

Get a fresh import, late manual Turbo R model. 1JZ, R154, Recaros etc. They can and do rust,so a fresh import, fully waxoyled and undersealed will be your best bet.

Get rid of the stock twins, fit a small single and you'll have an amazing, fast and reliable car. :cool:

This, but they are rare and expensive. Just don't expect Mk4 levels of interior quality, think more R32 Skyline. Everything rattles, squeaks and creaks.

Not sure if I want something just to drive or a bit of a barn find late model with the 1JZ and manual but needs some work on it. I want to make it my own :)

I'll have to keep an eye on ebay / gumtree for any that might pop up. Like you said, rust maybe a major issue.

as something of a expert in mk3's i can tell you few bits.

forget a fresh import, none have been seen on the docks of japan for few years. the 1jz is only in a handful of imports in the uk. 90% of them are rotten around the rear quarters. the price is going up as more and more get scrapped due too rust and drifter wanting the gear box.

pop over to http://www.mk3supra.org we're a friendly bunch

it depends how much you do too which one you buy. i can tell you everywhere the cars you look at will be rotten. and some where they might be rotten. the std engine is ok (7m) i wouldn't bother with a N/A they really are underpowered IMHO. I personally wouldn't look for a low mileage example as you will have to budget replacing all the running gear. these cars are happy to only be used every couple of weekends. but long periods of not moving will destroy the suspension etc.

mine is for sale with zero rust n a fresh paint job i'd let her go for £5k. it's far from std www.mk3supra.org/topic/193-bumble-bee-build-mk2/ check out the build thread lots of goodies and other bits to add still.

ragley.jpg