The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whifbitz Front Lip Lost Shape

KamaSupra

I have had my Whifbitz type 2 earless front lip fitted for just over a year, the metal plates to hold the original lip are in place and all bolts used in the pre drilled holes are in. But the front lip seems to be bowing in the middle, I'm not sure if it's a defect from when it has been made or if anyone's else's has done this?

It's annoying when it's only just over a year old that it should lose it's shape.

Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

Yep, had the exact same thing happen.

Don't know if it's the wind force against it over the time or not. I was going to put some sort of bracket behind but was worried it would end up rubbing through eventually.

I ended up changing mine to a different style polyurethane lip.

Normal, i seen so many with it. Its becuase its much wider and flatter than the oem one so when driving the air force will push it inwards, theres nothing behind there to support it really to retain its shape. Also if you graze it ont he ground that will contribute to.

Weren't they on NA's though? :innocent: :D

3 were yep, but still saw plenty of speed, Kept up on the DB's ;) One even decided to abandon ship at 140ish leptons on the motorway back from Amsterdam. Couldnt handle the NA POWER! ;)

Latest is on my TT BPU though. Ive never fitted any of mine with the OEM brackets though, have always used simple 10mm nut and bolts with washers.

My MVP lip supplied by by pedrosixfour is perfect, been 3 years..

Mine was from that group buy aswell. Seems strange how some have stayed in the correct shape and others not.

This is the style lip I changed to, I'm not to sure if I prefer it or not but still got the MVP RMM to change back to and sort out the warping if I fancy.

My MVP lip supplied by by pedrosixfour is perfect, been 3 years..

Lasted 3 years all fine?? Mine has lasted about 12 months and I only use my car April-October :( :rlol:

Ok I'll try heating it up to bend back into shape, still bad considering it's not that old though.

Cheers for the help.

Lasted 3 years all fine?? Mine has lasted about 12 months and I only use my car April-October :( :rlol:

Ok I'll try heating it up to bend back into shape, still bad considering it's not that old though.

Cheers for the help.

Yes, and it was rolled up in an A3 paper box for 1 year before I used it..

Plus I have scraped it a few times, its going for a respray next week with the bumper.

Mine was painted from the get go, has everyone who had an issue painted theirs??

3 were yep, but still saw plenty of speed, Kept up on the DB's ;) One even decided to abandon ship at 140ish leptons on the motorway back from Amsterdam. Couldnt handle the NA POWER! ;)

Latest is on my TT BPU though. Ive never fitted any of mine with the OEM brackets though, have always used simple 10mm nut and bolts with washers.

All jokes aside, that does seem to be the best way to fix them. Your latest incarnation is very tasty :thumbs:

Just looked at Rob W's garage, his was unpainted as is Kamas.

Mine is painted, think this may have something to do with it?

Mine is unpainted and been fine, both the earless and ear version!

Mine is painted satin black, so paint or not it has bowed :(