The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New supra from JM Imports

parm

Hi all,

Really excited just purchased a 1999 supra vvti from Jurgen, completely stock bar exhaust and turbo timer. Can't wait to get modifying but should be a really good base car. Thanks to Jurgen and Aarin👍🏽

I'm going to have the brakes done ASAP hopefully by Jurgen and perhaps sort the suspension a little for some fastish track runs but don't want it to be so firm I dislocate my hip going down the road. Any advice on brake setup would be awesome

She looks nice, best colour too :)

The larger OEM 4 pot fronts and 2 pot rears with some Chris Wilson pads and Toyota discs will do just fine. Add some Goodridge braided brake lines into the mix and you will be good to go.

Suspension wise again contact Chris Wilson he will make you a set for the car.

E2A

I don't think the larger OEM brakes will fit with the 16" wheels.

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

She looks nice, best colour too :)

The larger OEM 4 pot fronts and 2 pot rears with some Chris Wilson pads and Toyota discs will do just fine. Add some Goodridge braided brake lines into the mix and you will be good to go.

Suspension wise again contact Chris Wilson he will make you a set for the car.

E2A

I don't think the larger OEM brakes will fit with the 16" wheels.

Cheers for that, yep the 16" are too small to handle the new brakes so may have to hold fire in case the wife chops off something important !!

Welcome. Nice car!:)

If the OEM 16s are staggered I'd be interested in buying them from you.:thumbs: (8" front 9" rear)

Hi Westy, no problem they maybe coming off straight away at Jurgens place. Waiting to get some Alurad alloys & coilovers priced up. I'll do the brakes a few weeks after still undecided between Brembo/AP and wilwood. Thanks buddy

Ok so I wasn't planning on to many mods straight away but unfortunately the force is strong, so the car is a stock 6 speed twin turbo but I've had Jurgens team do the below prior to collection

HKS coil overs

Rolled wheel arches

Ray's style Grid concave alloys 9.5 front 10.5 back

New glass headlights

K sport brakes all round

HKS super flow exhaust (might skip this for now as it has an unknown exhaust)

As soon as I've got it going to head over to Lee at SRD and the plan is a little bit of an unknown but as an uneducated Supra tuner id like to go:

Single big turbo

Forged engine

Inter cooler

Syvecs

Big injectors

Rebuild the gearbox

Check/change the lsd (if it has one ??)

Oil cooler

Battery relocation

And truthfully whatever else Lee says it needs to stop it going bang!!!

Can't wait !!

Ok so I wasn't planning on to many mods straight away but unfortunately the force is strong, so the car is a stock 6 speed twin turbo but I've had Jurgens team do the below prior to collection

HKS coil overs

Rolled wheel arches

Ray's style Grid concave alloys 9.5 front 10.5 back

New glass headlights

K sport brakes all round

HKS super flow exhaust (might skip this for now as it has an unknown exhaust)

As soon as I've got it going to head over to Lee at SRD and the plan is a little bit of an unknown but as an uneducated Supra tuner id like to go:

Single big turbo

Forged engine

Inter cooler

Syvecs

Big injectors

Rebuild the gearbox

Check/change the lsd (if it has one ??)

Oil cooler

Battery relocation

And truthfully whatever else Lee says it needs to stop it going bang!!!

Can't wait !!

Bloody 'ell.... You've got deep pockets lol. When I collected my supra from JM, I bought, petrol ha. It was a few month before I tinkered.

All sounds good, hks coilovers been on my shopping list for months, keep buying anything but tho [emoji51]

It's going to be a lonnnnggg wait [emoji12]

slush fund the other half doesn't know about!! I'm not going to tell her I did the mods but that's how it was delivered !!!

- - - Updated - - -

Going to keep all the stock parts bar the alloys so I can if needed return it to stock but for now ........more power!!!!

Superb car, the best colour and spec IMO, very very hard to come by, I'd leave it like that but that's just me. What were you driving before?

Thanks Hogmaw, I've been a little spoilt and always bought new but sick and tired of losing my shirt every time I got bored and the warranty panic. So been throught the below in the last 4-5 years

Rs6 c7 FL

M6GC

997.2 Turbo

M5 F10

X5 M50d

A45 amg

To be honest all of these were fast but I was never flying by the seat of my pants scared, so this time I decided not to go for the MY17 gtr and build my own supra just the way I want it. So any advice you can give me would be awesome, the last car I modified myself at home was a corrado vr6 and by the time I finished it it was terrible to drive and if you parked it too close to a radio mast the immobiliser would kick in and you had to push it !!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome I'll post some pics when it lands

Thanks Hogmaw, I've been a little spoilt and always bought new but sick and tired of losing my shirt every time I got bored and the warranty panic. So been throught the below in the last 4-5 years

Rs6 c7 FL

M6GC

997.2 Turbo

M5 F10

X5 M50d

A45 amg

To be honest all of these were fast but I was never flying by the seat of my pants scared, so this time I decided not to go for the MY17 gtr and build my own supra just the way I want it. So any advice you can give me would be awesome, the last car I modified myself at home was a corrado vr6 and by the time I finished it it was terrible to drive and if you parked it too close to a radio mast the immobiliser would kick in and you had to push it !!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome I'll post some pics when it lands

Wow that's some list of cars you've driven.

My mate had an RS6 C7 & that certainly felt quick, felt like I was in a JET FIGHTER:Pling:

Btw I've got the Private Plate - RS6 4VNT for sale

Edited by Supra2jze (see edit history)

Wow that's some list of cars you've driven.

My mate had an RS6 C7 & that certainly felt quick, felt like I was in a JET FIGHTER:Pling:

Btw I've got the Private Plate - RS6 4VNT for sale

The rs6 was mental, I had PW Pro de chrome the car and bein a black car it looked mean. It was too easy to go fast and the exhaust overrun was nice but no supra!! That plate is awesome though bet it's worth a few bob!