The mkiv Supra Owners Club

respray advice

ronttuk

im getting my uk spec resprayed in sept and i am undecided weather to have it done in the normal red or something like the new ford or Volkswagon red my car is standard looking except for the wheels and its BPU,

your opinions please on what to do.

I don't understand why you would go back to using an old paint if you are choosing a full respray. The old reds eventually fade and look pink (Unless you have a garage). I'd say chose a red with lesser maintenance.

However just as renault liquid yellow looks good, I cant help but think Renault flame red (NNP) I think it's called; would look great on a supra, it looks ever so slightly candied in good light.

21223524475_18cf4859bc_b.jpg

I don't understand why you would go back to using an old paint if you are choosing a full respray. The old reds eventually fade and look pink (Unless you have a garage). I'd say chose a red with lesser maintenance.

However just as renault liquid yellow looks good, I cant help but think Renault flame red (NNP) I think it's called; would look great on a supra, it looks ever so slightly candied in good light.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]212868[/ATTACH]

its not the type of red that causes it to fade, its the type of paint that was used back in the day. these days it will be fine.

on a uk car id keep it the stock colour to maintain value if it was mine.

its not the type of red that causes it to fade, its the type of paint that was used back in the day. these days it will be fine.

on a uk car id keep it the stock colour to maintain value if it was mine.

Thats what I said ? :search:

The old reds eventually fade and look pink

Supra aren't and hopefully never will be worth spectacular money so I would just enjoy the car, besides people looking for an original car, often want the original paint still on it aswell

Would have to be Candy Apple Red for me, fav colour for years but never had it on anything myself.......

A fresh OE Red is always going to look equally nice, so its a tough call.........

whatever colour/shade of Red you go for it will all come down to how well its prepped and painted that will make the biggest difference......

Would have to be Candy Apple Red for me, fav colour for years but never had it on anything myself.......

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j87/CivicRacingXperiment/Supra/CandySupra.jpg

A fresh OE Red is always going to look equally nice, so its a tough call.........

whatever colour/shade of Red you go for it will all come down to how well its prepped and painted that will make the biggest difference......

:thumbs:

Especially considering it's a UK spec I'd always be inclined to keep it the stock colour for investment reasons. Iv just had my Celica painted and decided to keep to the OEM red after seeing another one that had been done. Josh's car is testament to how good an OEM colour can look imo

But then again it's your car so you've got to do what will make you happiest with it :)

I was considering respraying mine to a different colour, mines a UK Spec too. But after months of pondering of whether to go for a RESPRAY in White, Lexus Grey etc.. I've decided that the stock colour would be the best for many reasons #StormBlue

Besides, if your going for a totally different colour then there's nothing worse imo than a painted car with a different colour engine bay/inside/boot etc.

The fact its a 23 year old car with paint that's fading (mines dead) then its no surprise that your going to want a different colour, but think of it like this - A freshly painted OEM car in todays world will look the business.

Edited by Supra2jze (see edit history)