The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Power sterring feed hose

evinX

I noticed a slight split in my PS feed hose, no leak but id like to change it. Following up on it, the hose is only available from Toyota with the complete hardlines. Anyone know where i can source the part i need highlighted in red?

thanks, Kev

diag_1ritn3y.png

Isn't that the return hose...only saying as I think it's under less pressure and so you can potentially fix in a number of ways with regular decent hose. How does it currently join the hard pipe is it one of those crimped type joins?

Might be, im not to sure. But it has a mini hose clip on the end. If i could find the diameter out i could fab something up? Kev

Years and years ago on my UK spec car I had a pin hole leak in the metal front pipework and cutting out a section and just replacing with a hose and clips worked fine.

if you have a syringe you can suck out some fluid and pop the hose off at the reservoir without any mess. Only issue I can see is if there are any sharp curves then regular hose of the correct ID can be pinched/squashed and reduce the internal bore, where as genuine hose comes in the correct shape ie with set in curves for tight/small radius bends.

The rubber pipe slips of the hardpipe, so will pull it off over the weekend, i have spare fluid incase i drop any for top up, ill take it down the local motor spares as they are pretty good. Sheltune on Kingsley park front for us Northampton owners.

Kev