The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chris Wilson

RACsupra

Why not click the link in his signature and find out?

Link just email? thought maybe there was a list of things offered or website maybe...?

If its just a case of emailing and asking whats offered, then maybe thats the way to go.....

Chris Wilson? The name keeps coming up and the information read on the forums looks very good, is there a web site or area where I can see whats on offer?

He's old school, so phone or email, not PM.

Essentially, he knows the Mkiv Supra very well, Servicing, fault finding, suspension, bpu modifications, basically everything mechanically. Not sure re single turbo installs?

If you go to advanced search and search for threads started by and input his username, you'll see some of the parts he offers etc

Link just email? thought maybe there was a list of things offered or website maybe...?

If its just a case of emailing and asking whats offered, then maybe thats the way to go.....

He mainly works via morse code and ham radio. A messenger with a telegram is as modern as it gets down those parts!

cheers for replies chaps, will do a few searches and see whats available and may pop in to see him personaly....... i'm up at RCM Hinckley fairly regularly so not too much further to pop across to Shropshire.....

It was mainly to see what parts etc was available and to save a long winded email, telephone call, thought i'd ask here first.......

Top bloke and very knowledgeable about supra's and other petrolly things. Oh, and he has dogs, lots of em.

As others have said his preferred communique is email, he doesn't do pm's allegedly. Very helpful on here as well. Old school!

I went to see him a few years back with my brother's mk4 tt on a trailer, no one in Preston, Lancashire, could sort out the problem of mega over fueling, the car had only covered 38k miles from new, but the local garage who carried out work on the car let the battery go flat and screwed up the jump starting. Chris diagnosed the problem and had to replace the ECU and clean out all the soot from the turbos etc. Basically if he cannot fix it, then no one can, he is not cheap, IMO, but the best are not, you have to pay for knowledge and experience, he is not just fixing, brakes, steering and tyres, it is more brain surgery, he also helps many members on this club FOC, i have learned a lot from him, all be it , you have to put up with him taking the piss. Herbie.

Chris is safely on a very very small list of places to take Supras. and similar to the other occupiers of this small list, you have to get in line and be patient, don't see Chris like a you would a day to day garage, he doesn't just replace for replace sake, he'll pull it apart and repair it (anything usually) and this takes time but it will be fixed

Thanks guys. I do answer PM's, but it's much easier for me to collate proper e-mails. I do anything except body work. Although I work mainly on race engines and transmissions, and race car chassis, I work on interesting road cars too. Even boring ones sometimes ;) Phone or e-mail is fine, both are in my sig below. I work mainly alone, when really pressed I have an excellent pal who comes to assist. So sometimes I have a backlog of work on, like right now. Other times I am in the pub, as someone correctly mentioned ;)