The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi newbie here thinking of buying a supra rz

Boostjdm

Hi guys

I quite fancy a clean manual tt supra in white :cool:

Am I right in thinking i want either an RZ or UK model only ?

How do I tell if it's a genuine RZ model and not just had the box and turbos fitted ? Is there a specific chassis number or anything else to look out for on the official RZ models ?

Ive seen a white supra rz currently for sale

It was originally imported by whifbitz in 2005

It has a ridox body kit on that I will probably want to replace with original, are original front bumpers easy to find or are they expensive and hard to come by ?

This is the car, does any1 know of it on here or if it's been well looked after for past 11 years ?

Any help apreciated

Many thanks

Gary

Hi and welcome to the club :)

I don't recognise the car but if it has been previously owned by members on here you can be sure it will be known. Also, it maybe worth contacting Whifbitz direct and speaking with Paul to see if he can shed some light on the the car in question.

Don't be afraid to ask any questions about cars you are looking and if possible always provide a link as there are a few dodgy cars and dealers out there.

Check out the 2 links below for loads of information that will help you on your quest to finding a TT6.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?67644-What-to-check-when-buying-a-Supra

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?59334-Supra-Guide-and-Model-Differences-Chart

E2A

If you pop the reg number in here - https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk it will give you a bit more of an insight into the history of the car.

Edited by Frank Bullitt
Spelling. (see edit history)

Thanks Frank

I did speak to Paul but he said he can't remember 11 years ago to confirm if it's a genuine RZ model

He did say he had it in a few years back and seems to remember it, He said he thinks it was a good car but again can't really remember it

After a little read of those links it states a pre facelift RZ could of been auto or manual and only the later RZ's were all manual

Will there be any unique letters on the chassis number that show if it was an original TT6 ?

The car is being sold by extreme performance in Leicester on eBay but the ad has just expired now

It's most recent mot says it has light structural corrosion and the bumper was not secured properly but all previous mot's are fine

Don't no if he just got an arsey mot man

Hoping someone knows the car on here and says it's a beauty before I travel up to see it :thumbs:

Thanks again

I don't have the vin number no

I'll ask him for a pic of it, wat should it say on an original TT6 vin please Ellis ?

Here is the ad just been re listed

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/191901849551

Also the last mot says 139000 but the ad says 84000

The seller says when imported the speedo was changed to mph but the odometer was left in KM so the 139000 is all KM

does this sound right ?

as I thought most odometers get changed at same time as speedo and have a mixture of KM and miles

Thanks

Edited by Boostjdm
Mileage (see edit history)