The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Spec Help

Guest tcars01

Guest tcars01

HI everyone,

Just joined up and looking to buy supra in the coming months but im having trouble in what to look for spec wise.

I want the Twin turbo version and have been looking up specs on the car and am getting very confused on specs given and wondered if anyone could help.

I have been told two fundamental different specs for the twin turbo:

1. Has 320bhp standard and does o-60 in 4.9secs plus limited to 155mph but is good for 170mph

2. Has 230bhp standard and 0-60 in 6.6 secs 155mph

Is any of these two true?? If not what are the real specs? and what is the difference with the vvt-i.

Sorry if youve had this question before but im a supra novice and need help chosing.

Thanks very much :thanks:

Guest tcars01

ok thanks very much guys, big worry off mind now i can go out and choose!! cant wait to get it and have planned many mods already. So in a few months you might see my finished car aiming for 600bhp!

Thanks again

Guest tcars01

yeah an LSD is a must i no the problems on a rear drive car without 1 ! ! Still looking at cars at the moment and having problems with people telling me different specs still which is a pain!

1.Is the English version supra more powerful than the jap spec ? ? (because i am looking at Jap Spec as its cheaper ive found.) but obviously want the more powerfull.

2. With most people on here agreeing that the 320bhp sounds about right for supra TT a guy said earlier that his supe had rolling roaded at 309 bhp thats a TT aswell and he has many mods like boost controller, induction etc etc.

This is confusing me with contradicting advise :confused:

Any Ideas? ?

Thanks

1.Is the English version supra more powerful than the jap spec ? ? (because i am looking at Jap Spec as its cheaper ive found.) but obviously want the more powerfull.

2. With most people on here agreeing that the 320bhp sounds about right for supra TT a guy said earlier that his supe had rolling roaded at 309 bhp thats a TT aswell and he has many mods like boost controller, induction etc etc.

1: Book figures are 326bhp for UK, 280 for Jap. In real life Japs make more like 300ish.

2: That figure would probably be at the wheels, book figures are at the fly so higher.

If it was an auto for example 309 @ wheels would be more like 380ish at the fly depending what figures u use.

Guest tcars01

Right, thanks. I had just been hearing that the UK version supes were more powerful and i havnt seen hardly any for sale yet, ive only really seen jap specs. Do you know of any other things to look out for when looking to buy supe - i want the 3.0l TT manual jap or Uk spec, i mean any things i should look out for that fundamentally should be fitted to the car at all to know that its the right model and not just a NA like someone said it should have leather seats whereas the NA dosnt etc.

Thanks

Dan

jap specs have cloth front seats and fake leather rear seats bizzarely :)

if its got a turbo in it the engine should look like the top one, and a NA should look like the bottom one :

the 'TWO WAY TWIN TURBO' on the rocker cover is usually a dead giveaway:)

Guest tcars01

well i definatly look out for that under the bonnet then thanks hadyn :tongue:

doing well gathering info so far you guys are very helpful i feel i know quite a bit and i havnt even seen a supe up close and personal yet! :)

:thanks:

Dan