The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking to buy this summer

Guest williams

Guest williams

Hi. New here and been reading some of the threads and it seems u lot know ure stuff! I currently drive a clio phase1 williams and want to sell it for a supra tt after graduation from uni in the summer. Im going to be able to spend up to 10k on one, so hopefully will be able to get something decent.

I dont know much about them really, so was wondering peoples opinions on the jap vs uk spec? How much will the insurance differ? (i got a quote on a '95 tt uk spec for just under a grand fc) I like the look of aeros, but am having trouble finding any manual turbo aeros. Any advice would be more than welcome, and any dealers that you would recommend.

cheers

mark

Hi mate and welcome. 10K is a good start, but a uk manual aerotop doesn't exist. You can get a j-spec though. There's a big j-spec uk debate and everyone has their own opinun on it. At the the end of the day if you find a car that is perfect then don't worry where it's from, as long as you can afford insurance for an import. Give Paul E at Miami GT a shout as he has a few nice cars in.

Good luck mate and we look forward to the pictures :D

hello welcome,

firstly, insurance, UK is alot cheaper than Import.

secondly, Theres no such thing as a Manual Aero im affraid.

with 10K to spend by the summer, you should have alot of choices as prices seems to be around that for the TT. wether you find a decent condition one or a banged up one, only way to know, is view as many as you can, manual and auto.

Guest williams

cheers for the replies. Glad youve told me there arent any manual aeros, i woulda been looking for ages for one! Think ill run an insurance quote for an import spec tomorrow and see the difference - it seems there are more of them available so would be easier to find a nice example. Theyll be some pics up as soon as i get it, been waiting 3 years to finish uni and get a decent car! If anyone here lives near west herts ull be seeing me from summer with a big grin on my face cruising around in it! Would love a nice black one with tastful bodykit and gleaming wheels :)

You've got me doubting myself now... :D

errrr, I think so. Thinking about it, I'm not 100% sure TBH. I don't like Aerotops at all so never took all that much notice.

:twak: :p nah jake im pretty sure there werent, cos i was in the same situation before when i bought my supra, was looking for a aero manual. only knew of the americans with manual version of it

No it's in the FAQ section. The really well hidden FAQ section...

(you're just making work for ourselves by not making it more visible - I just find it ridiculous that all these newbies can't find the info they're looking for, esp. when Supraforums have it as one of the first forums you see with the comment 'Please check through this before asking new questions...')

I don't know if the FAQ section being a subsection of Technical is working very well. Maybe it should be a main section of its own.

Also, what appears to be the FAQ section from the main screen menu bar is just the vBulletin FAQ, I think some folks stop looking after seeing that and don't realise there's other FAQs elsewhere on the site. Like Dave says; they needs to be much easier to locate or folks just won't use them.

Give me the access again, bump it up to a 'visible' forum (Supraforums have it as their second from top) and I'll look after it (and never mention it again). I'm quite happy to maintain a self-creating, minimum-effort technical resource for this site on my own. Any useful threads get moved into there and over time we would have a very useful technical resource with lots of views and opinions and without the attendant effort in actually having to sit down and write the thing (few threads from the last few months that have been moved in there - there's tons of valuble info falling down the forums on a weekly basis).

go for an import - my sz was espeially picked and shipped over just for me. Gleaming black with pearl white wheels ( i can gaurentee no one else will have wheels like these-

well not in this country anyway) Plus you will get more for your money.