The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Found a supra!

fahim21

Good morning fellow members,

Id like to introduce myself as a newbie to this club and of course after searching for the past few months, have finally found (well I did find a few others, sold instantly) a supra.

I was wondering if anyone has seen this around the area (Hull) and what do you guys think of it?

He says the car has all the MOT history, I checked it up on MOT History check and all seems clear, no advisories from last one.

The conversion was done at YVS performance he said.

This will be my first time going for a supra, any advice would be appreciated.

My goals are to get an NA and swap in a 1JZ or 2JZ if any one is wondering.

Cheers!

Fahim

Says in the description you won't be able to drive it home so keep that in mind. Could just be my phone playing up but is there any reason why e only put one picture up?

There's 3 on gumtree as far as I can see. He's sent me a few others.

uploadfromtaptalk1466242778892.jpguploadfromtaptalk1466242784383.jpguploadfromtaptalk1466242789762.jpg

Sent from my LG G5

Read the buyers guide in here and be careful

Hard to judge it as very little info but doesn't look very loved to me, the air filter which basically keeps lots of crap out of your

engine looks scrap and long overdue being replaced.

God knows what other parts are like such as the intercooler, suspension, brakes, etc etc etc

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Read the buyers guide in here and be careful

Hard to judge it as very little info

Cheers DNK!

I've checked out a few buyers guides and a the main buying checklist.

Yeah 100% it is hard to judge, he's saying toyota have said it might be the front seal that's causing the oil leak.

Reckon I could knock him and get it transported?

uploadfromtaptalk1466243123535.jpg

Sent from my LG G5

My personal feeling is that it's a whole heap of trouble. You could always see if a member on here is able to go with you to view the car so you aren't doing it alone. Take a battery you know works so you can try and start it. Have you a copy of the compression test?

Also see if you can get the registration so you can check the MOT history.

I would never buy a car without viewing it first! Thats just asking for trouble and a bag of worms imho.

I would be asking him for

• More pictues of the car from all angles, underneath and engine bay
  • Proof of build
  • What ECU
  • Who mapped it
  • Dyno figures
  • Full spec list

Hi Frank,

I'm half half about it! But looking at the cost for just a GTE engine on its own and looking at the cost of a fairly stock NA, this does look appealing I can't lie.

Ill be taking my brother up with me, but would be appreciated if any members are in the Hull area.

I got the reg and checked out the MOT history all seems fine, mileage seems all legit and no advisories.

Sent from my LG G5

Hi Frank,

I'm half half about it! But looking at the cost for just a GTE engine on its own and looking at the cost of a fairly stock NA, this does look appealing I can't lie.

Ill be taking my brother up with me, but would be appreciated if any members are in the Hull area.

I got the reg and checked out the MOT history all seems fine, mileage seems all legit and no advisories.

Sent from my LG G5

Would you mind posting the reg on here?

Okay, put it this way. Worst case scenario it's needs a full engine build and new gearbox, do you have the cash available to do it properly? One of the things of concern is that there is no mention of an aftermarket ECU, does this mean it's running the stock ECU with a single turbo?

- - - Updated - - -

I would never buy a car without viewing it first! Thats just asking for trouble and a bag of worms imho.

I would be asking him for

• More pictues of the car from all angles, underneath and engine bay
  • Proof of build
  • What ECU
  • Who mapped it
  • Dyno figures
  • Full spec list

This ^

Would you mind posting the reg on here?

Okay, put it this way. Worst case scenario it's needs a full engine build and new gearbox, do you have the cash available to do it properly? One of the things of concern is that there is no mention of an aftermarket ECU, does this mean it's running the stock ECU with a single turbo?

- - - Updated - - -

This ^

Reg is M93CRV.

Honestly, I was thinking of getting an NA and doing a clean swap with an engine, so I wouldn't have the funds at the moment to rebuild it.

I'm just asking him the specs now, thanks for that I completely forgot, was thinking all this time its just running stock twins for some reason!

Will post up as soon as I got the info.

Thanks frank & drift bear

Sent from my LG G5

I'd also be asking about the suspension seeing its had advisories on it for several years and ranges from slight play to excessive play

but now no advisories, has the owner fixed this or found a dubious mot station

When did the present owner acquire the car ?

Right guys,

Messaged about ECU, suspension mapping etc.

Still running stock GTE ECU.. Wtf..

I don't think its even got a front mount.

Hasn't been mapped and he's been running it like that.

When asked about whether I could try a battery myself response was no sorry I don't wanna run the car without oil. Okay fair enough, let me bring some oil and test it out? No response..

How about the suspension, I checked online it has varied from slight play to a lot of play, is that all sorted?

No response.

I have a feeling he didn't map it, thought he could get away with it, boosted hard on his single, and it blew up and now its just sitting there.

Either way, will update if I hear anything. For all I know he could be a legit seller just a little naive or doesn't extensively know much about the significance of mapping.

Thanks to everyone who commented and gave me good insight, ill be keeping screenshots just so I know what to look out for next. Once again, really appreciated and I think I'm gonna stick to finding an NA/Rolling shell and throwing in a 1JZ.

Fahim

Sent from my LG G5

Don't worry about screenshots, just add the page to your subscriptions. Click thread tools at the top of this page then click subscribe :)

What is your budget for a Supra? There are couple of nice ones currently for sale in the classified section all need a little work but all are from honest sellers :thumbs:

1996 NA AUTO Silver Import - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?334311-1996-NA-AUTO-Silver-Import

1JZ-GTE Facelift Toyota Supra - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?333838-1JZ-GTE-Facelift-Toyota-Supra

Stock Facelift TT Auto in Gunmetal - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?334337-Stock-Facelift-TT-Auto-in-Gunmetal-_-%A39000ono

Edited by Frank Bullitt
Links added. (see edit history)

Don't worry about screenshots, just add the page to your subscriptions. Click thread tools at the top of this page then click subscribe :)

What is your budget for a Supra? There are couple of nice ones currently for sale in the classified section all need a little work but all are from honest sellers :thumbs:

1996 NA AUTO Silver Import - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?334311-1996-NA-AUTO-Silver-Import

1JZ-GTE Facelift Toyota Supra - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?333838-1JZ-GTE-Facelift-Toyota-Supra

Stock Facelift TT Auto in Gunmetal - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?334337-Stock-Facelift-TT-Auto-in-Gunmetal-_-%A39000ono

Thanks for the list frank!

Honestly around 3500, at the moment would have to keep it on the drive as insurance for a 20 year old is like 1k higher than it would be for when I'm 21.

Sent from my LG G5

I was having a look at Konrads 1JZ conversion. Good price I think but need to save a bit more if I'm to go near that

The advert says "Single turbo on twin block"

Yeah I saw that but 4000 for a single seemed a tad cheap :p I guess the rest of the information leads to why...

Sold mine this morning.