The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Opinion's please

samm

I phoned toyota today to order an oil and air filter but the guy I spoke to said if I ordered a service kit (oil,air filter six long life plugs sump plug washer and 5ltrs of Toyota oil) he said he could do it for £88.00 which I think is a good price but i was wondering about the oil would you guys use standard Toyota oil or use a better/higher spec brand.

Also I've been quoted £350 to change the cam belt and auxiliary belt and fresh Toyota 4life antifreeze on my TT auto does this seem about right?

I'd want to double check the plugs (is your tt standard?) he is going to give you but if they are the correct spec £88 sounds pretty good.

If you are stock power the oil will be ok, as you'll need a bit more than 5l I tend to buy better oil elsewhere in bulk 4x5l's. The cambelt charge isn't horrendous, hopefully they will remove and replace your crank pulley ok without using heat!

£88 is way too cheap for 6l of synthetic oil, filters for oil and air plus a set of tipped plugs. The platinum or iridium plugs alone are usually £7 a pop. Oil around £10/l. It just doesn't work out to the correct parts being quoted.

Could you let us know please. I called up Toyota last week and they quoted me £360 for a service because they have to do it based on a GT86 and not the 'older cars' service! And one other Jemca refused to touch my car?!

/QUOTE]

I'd never consider taking my car to a main dealer for a service, ever. All they're good for is ordering OEM parts :D

Could you let us know please. I called up Toyota last week and they quoted me £360 for a service because they have to do it based on a GT86 and not the 'older cars' service! And one other Jemca refused to touch my car?!

/QUOTE]

Just find a good local mechanic/garage. Theres nothing special to servicing a Mkiv, I definitely wouldn't be paying Toyotas labour rates.

My local village garage does all my cars and is £40 per hour

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

/QUOTE]

Picked the parts up today six platinum tip denso pk20r11 plugs oil and air filter sump plug washer and 5ltr's of Toyota oil £88.75 you would only have to pay someone a couple of hours labour to fit them,on the down side I was quoted £174.00 for front and rear pads!!

Picked the parts up today six platinum tip denso pk20r11 plugs oil and air filter sump plug washer and 5ltr's of Toyota oil £88.75 you would only have to pay someone a couple of hours labour to fit them,on the down side I was quoted £174.00 for front and rear pads!!

Cheers mate I will get a quote from my garage for fitting.

Also for pads if you're on a serious budget check out GSF car parts if you have a j-spec a full set comes to £65 and they usually throw around 45% discount on their emailing list so a full set of budget pads would come to roughly £36 from what I've seen. No idea on quality though.