The mkiv Supra Owners Club

can finally afford a supra!

Guest TT600

Guest TT600

Hi all,

Have been going though the forums and I must say what a cool bunch of people. The info here has been an eye opener and has really helped me to understand the models and types of supra out there. I wish I had done this when I was into subarus buying a wrx and going through two gearboxes after boosting it some, not realising the sti was the one to get! Never knew the forum scene back then but have grown up now [GRIN]

So here I am guys ready to buy an N plate 400bhp TT auto Supra.

Those are the only details I have right now. I will be doing the full breakdown on Friday when I go to see the car, at which point I will be asking for all manner of advice.

I look forward to becoming part of the supra owners club.

Speak to you guys on Friday

Peace.

Welcome to the club :)

Another Essex member I see :thumbs:

Glad the forum helped you out and to be fair before I brought mine I didn't understand anything and now I converted my TT into a single turbo by myself and a few friends.

The membership fee is well worth it.

Guest TT600

Hi guys,

Just in Manor park area so more east London than Essex but it's the closest I could find on the list of places they give to say where your from. Regardless Essex is 5mins away from where I am so i may as well be.

I have managed to get some more details about the car wanted all your opinions on what it's worth and how much work it will need for 600bhp (don't know why but that figure has always stuck with me since I have known about the supra) I welcome any and all suggestions as that is the figure I would like to aim for.

L reg came to the uk in 2006 one previous owner

Currently running 400bhp no dyno print outs to prove

Twin Turbo, J-Spec, Auto, BPU Mods

She has approximately 87,000 miles /140,000 km on the clock (still counts up in km)

Engine Specifications:

Twin Turbo 2JZ GTE 3 litre 6 cylinder

Turbocharger & Induction:

OEM J-Spec Turbos

Apexi Power Intake Induction Kit

Greddy Spec LS FMIC

Stainless steel FMIC plate

Blitz SS BOV

Aluminium Expansion Tank

Fuel, Tuning & ECU:

Blitz Dual DC Turbo Timer

AEM Wideband UEGO Controller (AFR Gauge)

Blitz MD Boost Gauge

Blitz MD EGT Gauge (sensor not fitted)

Greddy BCC

Walbro Fuel Pump

Denso IK22 Spark Plugs

Manual Boost Controller (set at approx 1.1 bar in warm air at the moment)

De-limiter / KM – MPH converter

Exhaust:

Blitz Nur Spec R Cat-back

Envy First & Second De-cats

Envy ~1 Bar Restrictor Ring

Exterior:

Clear Side Repeaters with Silvatec Bulbs

Facelift Front Indicators with Silvatec Bulbs

UK Headlights

Do-Luck Front

Veilside Spats

Bomex Skirts

Rear fog light incorporated into rear light cluster

Spoiler removed

De-badged

Alloy Wheels & Brakes:

Do-Luck Double Sixes, (18"x9J Front / 18"x10J Rear)

UK Brakes – Painted black with Supra decal.

Interior & ICE:

Black Painted Dash

Blue Dash LEDs

Speedhut EL Glo Dials

Kenwood DDX7029 Head Unit – iPod connection in glove box

Isotta Handbrake

Isotta Katiena Steering Wheel

I look forward to all your comments and thoughts. Will be uploading pics when I go to see it

Thanks guys

Guest TT600

Wow I was hoping u were going to say half that, and in terms of doing it myself I would love to I even have the tools and garage space if I need it (got a friend who owns one) but I would not have a clue where to start or how to do it! Never learnt how to deal with cars despite my love for them and just feel too old to get started now. Will have to rely on the experts to deal with it.

At that sort of money might just have to keep it 400bhp :-(

The trouble is the TT auto box is pretty limited to 500bhp with extra gearbox coolers etc.. To go any higher you would need a built auto box or some way of going manual (both very £££)

Sounds like a nice car though from the spec. Even though they aren't my cup of tea, the wheels are very rare and expensive (discontinued now though I think) :)

Welcome to the club btw ;) :thumbs:

Guest TT600

Hi guys,

Ok so I went to see the car today and I must say it is in need of some work. In wouldn't be happy with any of the panels without a full respray on the car, all the alloys are kerbd and would need refurbishing and the dash was painted in some horrible black varnish type paint (looks like someone went over it in felt tip pen lol) the air con button doesn't do anything so not sure if it's the button or there is no gas left. The main concern is there was no boost being developed through out the test drive. He has had the car standing for a few months and it started up just fine (have read the forums user guide to buying one of these and there was nothing bad to speak of in that sense) however he did say he will get it checked out and sorted for another test drive later in the week. Not sure if it's gone into some limp mode or something, but turning the slip control off didn't make any difference either.

Bottom line it looks like a nice car from afar but up close 23 years is showing its age. Not sure if this is the right example for me to start on now. Damn.

I did take pics and will be uploading once I make them the right size to upload here .

Any advice would be nice

Thanks