The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New turbo installed now car won't start

cainhead

Need some help. Just finished installing my single turbo and trying to start it for the first time. Start motor is turning all okay and when I release the key I can hear the turbo spinning but just won't fire. All air lines are connected and not touched the fuel system as new injectors and ecu will be getting fitted in next two weeks.

The 2nd decat is not connected as yet, but not sure that would effect it.

Only thing I can think of is the MAF sensor is faulty, it did take a bit of a knock whilst trying to adapt intake pipe to fit.

Any suggestions really appreciated as feeling a little gutted after I have really taken my time with this.

Cheers

The turbo itself being installed shouldn't be causing an issue, go back to basics and see if you are getting spark and fuel. Does it sound like the engine is trying to fire, or literally just the crank spinning and nothing else? Are you using a standalone ecu?

The turbo itself being installed shouldn't be causing an issue, go back to basics and see if you are getting spark and fuel. Does it sound like the engine is trying to fire, or literally just the crank spinning and nothing else? Are you using a standalone ecu?

Ecu is still standard not changed just yet as injectors and fuel rail is being done altogether in two weeks, so can't think why that would have a problem.

Well, I guess that's why I'm a member on here, people's knowledge and help is what's makes it worth it. It was the crank sensor not plugged in. Simplest of things sometimes. Hole hearted thank you to all, I now officially have gone single and have a massive smile on my face. If any of you who replied are at the ace cafe meet I owe you a beer.

Now to get the new rail injectors and ecu fitted. Going to leave that one to the professionals.

One other question you might be able to help with, I have rigged up the wastegate as per figure 1 in the picture and the other vacuum lines as per the fitting instructions. Can anyone see if there would be any issues with this.

Cheers

image.jpeg

Well, I guess that's why I'm a member on here, people's knowledge and help is what's makes it worth it. It was the crank sensor not plugged in. Simplest of things sometimes. Hole hearted thank you to all, I now officially have gone single and have a massive smile on my face. If any of you who replied are at the ace cafe meet I owe you a beer.

Now to get the new rail injectors and ecu fitted. Going to leave that one to the professionals.

One other question you might be able to help with, I have rigged up the wastegate as per figure 1 in the picture and the other vacuum lines as per the fitting instructions. Can anyone see if there would be any issues with this.

Cheers

Glad to hear its fixed :)

on the plumbing front I would go with figure 1 as you have done. Simple reasons being Is if there is ever a problem with the boost controller you can simply disconnect the NC connections and leave the top port on the wastegate vent to atmosphere and still run the level of boost you have on the wastegate spring.

Ive had this happen at a track day and was happy to just disconnect the controller until I could get it fixed and still enjoy the day at 1.1 bar.

Glad to hear its fixed :)

on the plumbing front I would go with figure 1 as you have done. Simple reasons being Is if there is ever a problem with the boost controller you can simply disconnect the NC connections and leave the top port on the wastegate vent to atmosphere and still run the level of boost you have on the wastegate spring.

Ive had this happen at a track day and was happy to just disconnect the controller until I could get it fixed and still enjoy the day at 1.1 bar.

Again thanks for the help and advice