The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommended Track Days - Any "No Noise" Limits anymore?

Sheefa

Hi all

Searched high and low yesterday eve for track days in the UK as it's something I want to do when the car is back from SRD.

I fully appreciate the necessity for noise control and regulation. However, I have a savage exhaust and screamer pipe fitted which gives me absolute bu€€er all hope of passing either the static or driver-by, certainly the latter which at the upper limits on track days is circa 105db.

I'm not convinced that my future fun is on track days yet so currently not prepared to recirc screamer into exhaust and add bung (stupid rise in EGTs no doubt) or fit a quieter exhaust.

I ideally want to attend a no noise limit track day first but couldn't find a single one for the 2016 year. I thought Donington used to do them ?

Anyone know of any?

Cheers

G

Edited by Sheefa (see edit history)

Funnily enough I have the key to my track day car in my pocket and am wondering if it's even capable of making a noise, let alone be fit for a track day tomorrow. hasn't been on track in over 2 years... I need to shift it out of the way of another car. Where's the petrol can? Where's the booster / charger? Where's some wood to touch...? :)

Long way to go for many, only to find today is not that "sometimes" ;)

Fair point, however if it was a club organised event (which we were enquiring about) then there would be more assurance that it would be the case (as we were told).

If the OP is interested I could find the guy I spoke to's contact details to ask yourself :thumbs:

If you recirc the screamer properly at a shallow angle it'll be fine. Sounds loads better too.

My setup still has a screamer pipe and never been kicked off for noise, it does have a small silencer on it, the main exhaust is a Tannabe which is very quiet.

Ok that's a good point.

That surprises me Wez! Surely in the drive by they must say something?! Any link to the silencer ? Is it custom made I assume?

My exhaust is definitely too loud and don't really want to put the bung in due to back pressure