The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tom's 98 Red Facelift VVTi TT6.

BoostJunky86

So after an 18 hour day, last minute rush to a bank in York, a nearly 800 mile round trip, £250 in fuel, getting stuck in traffic on the M25(not fun with this clutch) and walking in at midnight last night.

I can now proudly say I'm officially a Supra owner. :-)

imageimage

I wong take pictures of her sat tucked away(security for my unit for one, but)

I think most would cry, spent most of my drive back in the rain, avoided some big puddles, mullered more flies than I can face going to clean today. She's looking a bit sorry for herself.

But what can I say!? How much fun are these!!!

The noise is awesome, (not so much the clutch. But hey, as my young cousin would say, Because Racecar haha!!)

Such a comfortable cruiser, had a good play against my Evo, had traction light kick in in 5th, saw 140+ to easily!

Over the moon. She's a credit to her owner, a lovely, well prepared car that really looks to have been looked after well.

Thanks for reading my first official post as an owner,

I'm off to get the cleaning gear out :-)

Tom

Edited by BoostJunky86 (see edit history)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So.

It's has its first wash

Few little bits sorted(minor stuff as Matt's kept her in very good condition)

Driver mirror clipped back in place securely

Drivers wiper(with spoiler) fitted the correct way round - wasn't fun in the rain at high speed haha. Faster I got, worse they worked.

Intake pipe has rubbed slightly in bonnet sound deadening, adjusted to clear.

Overspray cleared from side pods.

So far a good 700km covered in her and all going well. Absolutely love it!!

imageimageimageimage

Side pods after

imageimage

Going to try and really keep on top of this thread, I normally forget to up date stuff so

Thanks for reading so far

Lovely car dude! How does it compare to previous cars you've owned?

Performance wise it's on par with my Evo,

In fact there was literally nothing in it on a few 6 gear pulls on the motorway on the way home.

Slower than the Cossie by a reasonable margin. But God is it great to drive.

Been out for a bit of hoon with Baldy tonight to my local RS owners meet.

Traction light on in 4th wasn't expected haha. But it was a touch damp on that stretch.

Such a pleasure to drive. Very stable platform at speed, but so comfortable and easy to cruise in. I'm in love. So pleased with it.

A great base car to build on thanks to Matt!!

Oh it will be very well taken care of! It will be going at some point in the near future hopefully for a full correction detail, few marks around the car I want sorted, but then I'm fussy(although most will say that anyway) just want her looking her best.

First up is better pads up front, started losing the pedal on my drive back, but then that's redstuff I guess. Good pads, just 1500kgs and som heavy braking took them over the edge.

(Although need to check with Matt what fluid he's got in her and well wether it was all flushed when brakes were swapped, but doubt I've boiled fluid)

And a decent set up/corner weighting session and tweak of damping I think.

19" catch arch liners occasionally and feels a tad soft up front.

Feedback through the Nardi wheel is, well there's a lot haha! Bit off putting over bumps.