The mkiv Supra Owners Club

airbag light just come on

peter richards

Any error lights on the dash are a fail I think ? I would definitely say the airbag light is a fail and it's probably a sensor on its way out. You're supposed to change the airbag explosive charges and the seat charges every 15 years anyway as they deteriorate with age, I wonder how many people have done that ?

Any error lights on the dash are a fail I think ? I would definitely say the airbag light is a fail and it's probably a sensor on its way out. You're supposed to change the airbag explosive charges and the seat charges every 15 years anyway as they deteriorate with age, I wonder how many people have done that ?

I wonder too... Not me :innocent:

right just spent the last hour trying to put the light out , no joy it goes out on the TC contact then comes on on the AB, tried quick , and then slow but nope , anything im not doing

Look at the wires that go to your seat belt, if they are damaged that will put your light on, i've tried the air bag light trick with no luck.

I got told this last week too, never heard it before. But do manufacturers stock the explosive charges for that long? I need one for a TRD steering wheel but not idea if Mr Toyota would stock such an item.

well ive tried a good few times last night and today and in my case its not going off , so unless i can find some garage with an old machine ill have to take the bulb out .

annoying to think a small light which isnt a safety issue can fail , when you see some total shit pits around that should be in the crusher