The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Next Supra

JasonR24

So just read this:

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/toyota-just-trademarked-the-supra-name-in-europe-and-now-the-car-worlds-losing-its-mind/

Just Toyota renewing the name or a sign of things to come?

Question I have is that there is a clothing company called supra. They do trainers and what not, I have a nice pair myself actually lol surely they have trademarked the name? I thought they'd done it when Toyota had let it lapse?

I always take these things with a pinch of salt, but at least if it is a joint collaboration with BMW, it's quite possible that it would have a straight 6 engine, based on a BMW block and with a Toyota head. Just as the engine in the GT 86/ BRZ was a Subaru designed lump, reworked by Toyota.

When it comes to stuff like this, i would like to believe that something would of been mentioned at the tokyo auto salon this year when the FT1 was centre stage of the toyota stand. There wasn't anything then to even remotely suggest it was going into production...

attachment.php?attachmentid=212434&stc=1&d=1465242927

attachment.php?attachmentid=212433&stc=1&d=1465242927

attachment.php?attachmentid=212432&stc=1&d=1465242927

attachment.php?attachmentid=212431&stc=1&d=1465242927

It is an absolute stunning car and you can see so much of the supra lines in it once you get close to it

133.jpg

132.jpg

131.jpg

130.jpg

Fantastic looking car but these cars are for premiership footballers and wealthy business people who just lease hire them, they most likely do not know if it is petrol or electric, they cannot fiddle with them like we do, and they probably have a button to press so the car drives itself. lol. I am not enviuse, honest. Herbie.

Yep,

They are also going to sell it as a hybrid. I wouldn't be surprised if the new supra is hybrid you know..

It would make sense to compete with the new nsx.

They are probably going to reveal it out of nowhere like the did with the LC500.

There is a video for the development of the lexus and the toyota engineers refer to it as "supra". I posted it on here when I saw it. will try and find the thread.

Edit: found

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?329987-Potential-for-new-Supra-at-peak-New-Lexus

Edited by nolizma (see edit history)