The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Precision Dual Ball Bearing 5858 Turbo

jonny mac

PRICE: £1000

CONDITION: BRAND NEW

due to running into some issues with my 1.5jz engine build,

i'm now having to sell on the turbo to bring some cash back in the door to pay for some reworking

i'll buy a precision 6266 to replace this anyway in the future anyway once I balance funds so it's not so bad anyway that I'm selling

this is a brand new Precision Turbo Billet CEA 5858 620HP Turbocharger

Dual Ball Bearing, 4" Anti Surge Intake, 2.5" Intercooler, V band Exhaust Out, T3 Exhaust Flange,

one of these: http://realstreetperformance.com/Turbo-Parts/Billet-Series/Precision-Turbo-Billet-CEA-5858-620HP-Turbocharger.html

quoted from real st:

This popular 58mm turbo is rated for 600-620hp depending on the application. This turbo would fall between a GT3076R and a GT3582R in the Garrett family for comparison.

We get many questions about "whats the deal with this billet craze" and its not just that the billet wheel is lighter than the cast wheel, its an entirely new compressor wheel design that is more efficient than the older cast wheel. The old design worked well for many years, but as technology progresses, we get better, more efficient designs. This turbocharger comes in a wide range of housing combinations. Most 4cyl applications will use the T3 back housing configuration while most 6 and 8 cyl applications will go with the T4 exhaust housings. If you need any help picking out the correct turbo to fit your goals and budget, please contact one of our experienced sales staff to guide you through the selection process.

Ball Bearing center cartridges spool up faster than journal bearing versions. The transient boost response is quicker with a ball bearing turbo, meaning you will get a quicker spool, and less power loss during shifts. The ball bearing center cartridge also usually lives longer due to the way it holds the rotating assembly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.