The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Am I missing something?

Annabella

Guest Ec1202014
If prices have shot up this much then I'd sell mine tomorrow for this money, jeez! I'd be amazed if it did.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/toyota-supra-jza80-mk4-/222137557519?hash=item33b86e220f:g:xVMAAOSw3R1XTt76

I personally don't think they're selling no, there are a few Supras that have been on eBay 3-4 times now over the last month or so. (Not talking about the High Wycombe lot).

The black aerotop hasn't even sold for £5500 and people think they can ask this money for a silver NA auto hard top?!

What I've noticed is people ask other owners what they think their car is worth and everyone just adds a few thousands as they own one themselves... It's nuts!

A really nice TT aero just sold on eBay as we've discussed for £7600.

A UK spec TT auto made £8100 on eBay auction... But if someone had asked (particularly on the Facebook group) what that UK one was worth you'd have people valuing it at £13-14k... When in reality people who are actually buying these things are valuing them at a lot lot less...

I'm all for supra prices to rocket! I have one... But there are plenty of overpriced ones still for sale and have been for weeks and weeks!

Christ, there's a 560bhp single whos owner can't get even £11k!

There are loads of people who want Supras out there, just not loads of people throwing big money at them. That's at least what I've noticed watching every auction for the last 12 months.

I personally don't think they're selling no, there are a few Supras that have been on eBay 3-4 times now over the last month or so. (Not talking about the High Wycombe lot).

The black aerotop hasn't even sold for £5500 and people think they can ask this money for a silver NA auto hard top?!

What I've noticed is people ask other owners what they think their car is worth and everyone just adds a few thousands as they own one themselves... It's nuts!

A really nice TT aero just sold on eBay as we've discussed for £7600.

A UK spec TT auto made £8100 on eBay auction... But if someone had asked (particularly on the Facebook group) what that UK one was worth you'd have people valuing it at £13-14k... When in reality people who are actually buying these things are valuing them at a lot lot less...

I'm all for supra prices to rocket! I have one... But there are plenty of overpriced ones still for sale and have been for weeks and weeks!

Christ, there's a 560bhp single whos owner can't get even £11k!

There are loads of people who want Supras out there, just not loads of people throwing big money at them. That's at least what I've noticed watching every auction for the last 12 months.

As this man says....

I've seen some silly selling prices of late. All the sellers seems to be getting excited. Perhaps it's the sun.

I agree with the above. We all tag our Supra's very high in the market (as owners) but at the end of the day all the people who are looking to buy one (non-owners) will never see eye-to-eye with our price tag and therefore most likely will not pay what we want, because they're not a current owner. Basically everyone is selling for more than people are willing to spend, that n/a is a great example. I could post a WIW thread and people would come back saying 18, 19, 20k, but could I sell it for that amount? Most likely not

Why are people so upset about supra prices getting higher?

My first supra, NA 5 speed was just short of 7 grand and I bought that around 2006/7

My mates silver NA aero was 9 grand and that was around 2004/5.

We all know prices took a huge dip a few years back, which everyone moaned about, and now they are rising, and not even a lot and people are going nuts.

I don't see why.

It's about time the prices started rising on our cars.

There is probably a bit of EU referendum stagnation/caution too right now.

I agree. I own a letting agent and nobody is moving until after EU referendum.

80% of our tenants were EU nationals. And now tenant demand has dropped 80%. Which is a bad thing imo. Not going to war and peace as to why so don't ask ;)

Why are people so upset about supra prices getting higher?

My first supra, NA 5 speed was just short of 7 grand and I bought that around 2006/7

My mates silver NA aero was 9 grand and that was around 2004/5.

We all know prices took a huge dip a few years back, which everyone moaned about, and now they are rising, and not even a lot and people are going nuts.

I don't see why.

It's about time the prices started rising on our cars.

Yeh but to be fair, at that time supras were falling from £15k. I had one too around that time.

I m annoyed supra s are worth so much as I wanted to sell mine and buy another later in life but wouldn't now knowing I paid so little for it. I'd be insane to have to pay several times more for the same car in the future. When the technology will be even older!! And it'd be more prone to breaking down being +25 years old! With even more trouble sourcing parts!!

Also I don't think ebay is a good barometer of the real going rate for prices for cars. They always attract the buyer who doesn't want to pay the genuine market price for an item.

Edited by supra_aero (see edit history)

Tenant demand dropping is a good thing, would make rental and house prices fall as property owners either offload or reduce rents. House prices falling is a good thing in the long run as then first time buyers can then afford to buy rather than rent, as house prices are far and above wages in relation.

Anyway we digress!! I've always thought ebay a great leveller, as people pay what it's worth or what it's worth to them.

As the old saying goes something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. I recently got my old FTO back and I was getting moaned at by her indoors about having too many cars (2 supras a 4x4 and now an FTO) so I advertised it for £1500 hopping nobody would phone up and low and behold nobody did so I get to keep it :thumbs:

Sometimes if something seems to expensive is it really for sale half of these guys asking big money would be heart broken if someone actually came and took their pride and joy away.

I think a lot of people buying Supra's now are importing them straight from Japan. A lot of the cars for sale already in this country are terrible examples, which is why I imported mine. There is so much shit around in the UK it's almost unbelievable.

I think a lot of people buying Supra's now are importing them straight from Japan. A lot of the cars for sale already in this country are terrible examples, which is why I imported mine. There is so much shit around in the UK it's almost unbelievable.

Same reason I imported mine, the Mrs just thought I was being 'picky' [emoji23] the fact that it was a facelift TT6 and a nice colour was the luck of the draw at the auctions [emoji106]

Must agree. Some awful looking supra s coming up recently. Same with rx7 s. And the nice ones are over priced cause they don't look awful

Some cars are worth the big price tag some arnt, at the moment it's a sellers market, if someone offered me an amount that's in my head that I'd be willing to sale for then yes I would sale it for that amount, other wise tough it's my car il put it up for sale for what ever price I think it's worth and if someone offers lower all I have to say is or any seller is no thanks look else wear.

I hope I will not have to sale but, at the same time if I do Sale it would only to be to fund a deposit for a house.

I'm one that can see prices going up for good examples. But the bad ones will obviously follow suit on prices as there becoming rare, sort after and parts exspenive.

Keep the prices for the mint ones high. In my opinion.