The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1996 NA AUTO Silver Import

CASHEYE

Make: Toyota (obvs)

Model: NA AUTO (sz?)

Year:1996

Facelift:Yes (although the front bumper is not)

Mileage: Clock reads 88300 but it's a mix of miles and kilometres

MOT remaining: 12 Months

Service history: None prior to me buying it.

Car's location: Bristol

Modifications: Wolfrace alloys

Good bits:

New MOT with no advisories

Newly professionally refurbished front callipers

New front discs

New pads

Goodridge SS braided brake lines all round

Toyo Proxies with plenty of tread (235 front 265 rears)

G series Alpine speakers, front and rear

HPI Clear

Mechanically the car is totally sound. Drives well, always starts first time. It's done 4000 miles in the last 2 years. The soft part of the dashboard is pretty straight with a little warping around the top of the speedo cluster and a bump around the passenger airbag. Definitely not the worst I've ever seen.

Bad bits:

No stereo

Paintwork needs attention. It's not terrible, but there are a few chips a bit of rust on boot corners and a lacquer peel on the drivers front wheel arch.

All 4 wheels (18inch) are quite heavily curbed (previous owner)

Underneath looks pretty rusty but the MOT garage said it was only surface corrosion... make of that what you will.

----

I have a set of my halo lights with white rings around the dipped and fog lights so if you're interested, the car can either come with those or the set of refurbed facelifts that are on there at the minute. Don't worry Greg, they're nowhere near as nice as yours ;-)

Lets be honest, in the world of the MKIV Supra, the Silver NA AUTO is as basic as they come. The fact that it's a facelift might make it slightly more appealing to those who prefer the updated lights and different dashboard, but it's still a basic Supra. That doesn't mean however, that you're not going to do a little sex wee when you floor it from a green light and feel yourself get pressed into the seat as the Toyos grip the tarmac like a stripper's legs around a chrome pole. Don't let the fact it's an automatic put you first timers off either. When your foot is flat down the car will rev to the redline in every gear before upshifting. Not to mention your left hand is now free to scratch stuff or rest reassuringly on thigh of that babe you just picked up because 'Damn man, you've got a Supra'. Or if you're single (loser) you can hold your drink, because in the 90's everyone wore those 'Thirst Aid' helmets so there was no need to put cup holders in cars.... Also no clutch to wear out. But seriously, it's a great starting point for someone who wants a rear wheel drive car with a bit of poke but doesn't necessarily trust themselves with the power of a TT from the start. Buy it, slap on some nice wheels, one of those zunsport grills and get your girlfriend's uncle's brother-in-law to give it a blow over at his back street body shop and you'll have yourself a car that isn't going to have gone down in value for when you get that TT itch.

PRICE: £3800

attachment.php?attachmentid=212361&d=1465055243

attachment.php?attachmentid=212362&d=1465055243

attachment.php?attachmentid=212363&d=1465055243

attachment.php?attachmentid=212364&d=1465055243

attachment.php?attachmentid=212365&d=1465055243

attachment.php?attachmentid=212366&d=1465055287

attachment.php?attachmentid=212367&d=1465055287

attachment.php?attachmentid=212368&d=1465055287

attachment.php?attachmentid=212369&d=1465055287

attachment.php?attachmentid=212370&d=1465055287

attachment.php?attachmentid=212371&d=1465055320

attachment.php?attachmentid=212372&d=1465055320

attachment.php?attachmentid=212373&d=1465055320

attachment.php?attachmentid=212374&d=1465055320

attachment.php?attachmentid=212375&d=1465055320

attachment.php?attachmentid=212376&d=1465055348

attachment.php?attachmentid=212377&d=1465055348

attachment.php?attachmentid=212378&d=1465055348

attachment.php?attachmentid=212379&d=1465055348

attachment.php?attachmentid=212380&d=1465055348

Thanks guys, it's great fun to drive but I've just lost the love for it so rather than it adorn my drive for another year it's got to go. Plus I want to buy more Volvos. Picked up a full set of chrome trims, headlight, armrest and two complete doors for my 960 for £120 last week. I need more of that in my life.

• 2 weeks later...

"heavily curbed (previous owner)"

I like you felt the need to add the additional information. Points to one careless previous owner.

My car is a '96 still with mostly its original paint that is in great condition which maybe shows the benefit of a base colour over metallic and lacquer for longevity.

got someone coming to look at my v70 Volvo tonight, hopefully if it sells i'll be on the phone to you :)

I was the guy that commented on the supras for sale facebook page to you last week. still would like to buy this from you

will be in touch hopefully after the weekend provided I have a few grand sat in my hand from this sale of my Volvo!

this would be an ideal base for my spare 1jz gte and w58 manual box for a cool daily

"heavily curbed (previous owner)"

I like you felt the need to add the additional information. Points to one careless previous owner.

My car is a '96 still with mostly its original paint that is in great condition which maybe shows the benefit of a base colour over metallic and lacquer for longevity.

I'm always wary about trying to put blame on other people for something I can't prove, but the previous owner had tyres that were too small for the wheels, so there was no protection for the alloys when they were trying to park it. I could have been a misogynist and said that the previous owner was a woman (which it was) and choked the curbed wheels up to her lack of peripheral vision... but I didn't, because it's a terrible stereotype and it achieves nothing but telling people I'm a terrible human being.

So explaining to people that the wheels were curbed by the previous owner is no different than telling someone that the upgrades to a car were done before your ownership. It's simply telling the history of the vehicle.

But cool story bro...:twak:

got someone coming to look at my v70 Volvo tonight, hopefully if it sells i'll be on the phone to you :)

I was the guy that commented on the supras for sale facebook page to you last week. still would like to buy this from you

will be in touch hopefully after the weekend provided I have a few grand sat in my hand from this sale of my Volvo!

this would be an ideal base for my spare 1jz gte and w58 manual box for a cool daily

Sorry bub, it sold this morning.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.