The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Intake manifolds..

TT Paul

Just seeing if i can just fit one with out too much work.

Can i just get one and throttle body with tps sensor mount. And fit it or would i need a map tweek on AEM V2... would map sensor need retro fitting to. Etc... any other sensors too worry about also.

You'd want to review your map. It will adjust flow characteristics. Retaining the runners may reduce the effects of change but that's definitely something which will need reviewing.

The sensors should be on the throttle body. Depending what your setup is there would depend what needs to be changed.

If your planning to use stock throttle body I'd say the swap should be fairly straight forward after retro fitting a oem flange for the stock TB.

The manifold after all is just a casting unit for cylinder distribution.

I'd not want to exchange a cheap unit without nice smooth inlets. Some of those cheaper units look like they flow horribly due to extremely tight radius on each cylinder inlet.

Take a look at the Titan intake for the Supra Its a direct replacement ;modified for better flow ,volume etc . Nicely polished too Says up too Maybe 20bhp improvement Bigger the turbo ,better the results Been thinking about this for my car Nothing to move around About £700 plus a supplement for your core If they accept it you get the supplement refunded Worth a look