The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally she has arrived!

Tariqd

Picked up this beauty from Southampton yesterday. Made it back no problems (apart from jumpstart) to North London all 100+ miles perfect.

Cosmetically needs a serious amount of work inside and out. Few bits here and there not working well which will need sorting before MOT.

imageimageimageimageimageimage

Hence a lot of work needs doing I was wondering if anyone could help me with the following which I need to fix:

-remote locking not working- dead key battery?

Anyone selling the following?

-mph speedo fascia

-OEM front bumper with lip

-OEM side skirts and spats

-back box that doesn't look silly

If I find anything more I will add to the list.

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Thank you :)

Edited by Tariqd (see edit history)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome :)

The boot pull is a common issue with facelift Supras, so don't worry too much about that :)

As for the rear wiper, Matt_RR had one, so send him a pm. He's away at the moment though, so you may not hear back for a few days. :)

Welcome to the club:) Oiling the bonnet catches located on the slam panel between the headlights should help. I had the same problem on my last one and this cured it.;)

That's brilliant, I did have a look and they seemed in awful condition and also looks broken so I am hoping a bit of oil will sort it though I doubt it :(

imageimage

Get some white/lithium grease in a car, you can use on door hinges etc as well as the bonnet latches a handy thing to have.

I'd leave the bonnet up and use a screw driver to move/trigger the latch whilst spraying (if they are really bad you may want to use a degrease to clear out crud etc before the white grease), having an assistant to pull the release lever will speed this up, you should feel it get better quickly

I would look to getting a working boost gauge, just a basic one to see what's going on and then perhaps detach the boost controller hoses and put the turbo pipework back to stock and (being careful) see what boost you are hitting.

Does the car have any cats on it?

Edited by Scooter (see edit history)

I would look to getting a working boost gauge, just a basic one to see what's going on and then perhaps detach the boost controller hoses and put the turbo pipework back to stock and (being careful) see what boost you are hitting.

Does the car have any cats on it?

The boost gauge has gone back to normal- I guess it was a minor bug, and yes it has cats. This is the underside and rear

imageimage

Get some white/lithium grease in a car, you can use on door hinges etc as well as the bonnet latches a handy thing to have.

I'd leave the bonnet up and use a screw driver to move/trigger the latch whilst spraying (if they are really bad you may want to use a degrease to clear out crud etc before the white grease), having an assistant to pull the release lever will speed this up, you should feel it get better quickly

Cheers for the advice, I will try this tomorrow. Got a friend coming down with all sorts of cleaning materials. Looks like a dog was legit living inside this car before it arrived haha. Poor Recaro is torn

Looks like the (diff) case has been resprayed !? Seems pretty rustfree, this is a good point !

Did you import it yourself ?

Ooh I did not notice that actually thank you for letting me know. And yeah rust free considering it never snows in Japan therefore the car is yet to see salt. I'm worried I will discover some horrible things underneath the spats and side skirts however.

Yeah, done everything myself from, finding the vehicle to paying for it as well as port handling, tax/duty, customs clearance, and collecting. Looks like I will need a lot of help getting it road worthy now however 😂