The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking for the right Wheels - Input Required

Fitz

Now I know that wheel choice is very much a personal preference and some people prefer certain styles to others, but I wanted to get some input on here in regards to wheels.

The car is pretty much stock externally (Silver 199) with the exception of a matt black (plastidipped) RMM polyurethane front lip, earless. It currently has the stock 17's on with UK Brakes underneath.

Initially, I was set on getting some Works Meister S1's, like Dave (tkdav3) but it seems they are growing in popularity so I'm looking if there are other alternatives.

I did also, find a cheap replica of these wheels should anyone want that look but be on a budget, they're Konig SSM - however the rear offset on a 10J is +15 so wouldn't work

I also was considering some Weld's that have been for sale on FB but looking into more detail at the offset, they're not that great +56 fronts and +69 rears

I then started looking at things other than a 5 spoke alloy to see if there was something that caught my eye and stumbled across Works Emotion D9R's that JackyBoi has; but reading on his thread the 19" wheels rubbed slightly on his UK fronts so he sanded the brakes back slightly (something I don't really want to do on my new brake setup)

So, heres the thing - what 18" wheels can people suggest that would sit flush with the arches and clear UK brakes - I do love a 5 spoke setup with some dish but will also consider alternative styles. The arches on my car are also stock, not rolled or cut in anyway.

Agreed, a Google search is a good idea and one I have done (except for 18" instead of 17") but it's better if members who have 18" wheels can share their experience with their wheels and how they fit.

Otherwise, I'd be stuck doing the same thing I've been doing.

So, I've decided to pull the trigger and just go with the wheels I always set out to get - Works Meister SP1's in 18" - I want to make sure that I have a "flushed" look so they fill the arches without spacers.

A few people have suggested the following (with an arch roll on the rear)

Fronts - 9.5J ET35 and 10.5J rears ET29

I have UK brakes on the car as stated so they'll need to clear them. Do those offsets sound right?

What size tyres are you thinking of running?

Good Question, I'm not very clued up on the whole Wheel/Tyre sizes but according to some helpful websites the 'Ideal' sizes are;

Fronts: 255 or 265 so could potentially go for 255/45/18

Rears: 275 or 285 so could potentially go for 275/40/18

Input?

I spent months working out sizes for the Work Meister SP1's that would sit nice and flush with the arches. But we are running a 265/35/18 and a 315/30/18 so dont think the offsets we've gone for will help you at all. But more than happy to send the sizes and offsets over to you dude :thumbs:

Fitz go for the wheels you were trying to poach off me way back when :D

Or the deeper ones that Baldy has

http://www.ravspeconline.com/images/wheels/advan/rsd/advan-rsd-180.jpg

295/35 et35 cut or rolled arch and a good stance, this is the best pic I can find of the rear arch/tyre on my old one:

attachment.php?attachmentid=212299&stc=1&d=1464720024

IMG_2619.jpg

10.5" with a 37 offset should sit well with the arches and allow you to get a decent sized tyre on there, think a 24 offset would be very tight and a stretched tyre would be needed for it to fit

Awesome, thanks Adam.