The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1997 Toyota Chaser Turbo

Chriss

I need money to buy a Supra so the Chaser is going up for sale.

Looking for £5700(7500 euro) ono.

1997 Toyota Chaser Tourer V turbo.

Transmission:Auto

HP:280

Drivetrain: RWD

11L/100km

71,849miles.(115,630km)

Front Strut brace, 18”wheels, Stainless exhaust.

Belts, water pump, Oil and fluids changed at 97,000km. VVTI pully replaced. Front wheel bearings replaced.

(Irish MOT)NCT: Oct 2016

(Irish)Tax:end of June 2016

This car comes with the 2.5L 1JZ VVTI Turbo Motor and was the direct rival to Nissan's Skyline platform.

Pros:Was a Grade 4 car when imported, Super reliable, Low miles, engine is in great condition and un-modified, quiet and comfortable, Electric Mirrors, Electric windows, Air-con, heated rear window, Alarm and FOB activated central locking, remote activated boot,factory Tinted rear windows, traction control, Factory xenon headlights. Standard suspension. 2 keys and 2 alarm FOBS. Non-smoker car, I have the original front bumper and fog lights. I have lots of receipts. No Rust.

Cons:rear bumper looks poor compared to rest of car as it came off a drift car and I repaired it but its not perfect. There is some curbing on the wheels. There is slight dash lift which is common on these cars but is not noticeable, an area on the side of the dash has a small hole where it looks like a boost gauge was mounted, this has been covered by a sticker. No rust.

I am in Dublin Ireland so this may pose a problem for most on here, however I do live 25 minutes from Dublin port so if anyone wanted to come over test drive the car and head back on a ferry that could work.:)

Message me here or ph: +353 877556819

Added video showing the issue with the rear bumper and a quick look at the engine.

For anyone that wants to know about registering it in the UK, go to the DVLA website and get them to send you an "import pack", that has everything you need in it.

After doing a quick search You will need the following prior to visiting the DVLA:

Irish log book(registration book) to give to the DVLA

Proof of UK insurance (cover note of UK insurance. You can insure the vehicle on its VIN number for 14days until I has obtained a Uk registration.

Valid MOT (the car can be MOT'ed under its Irish reg number and re-issued in the DVLA office under its UK reg)

You will also need photographic ID and proof of Uk address x 2 (bank statement, utility bill etc).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.